IGNORED

Skunkboard Revision 2 Orders Thread

Tursi

Same here. At first I didn't get a reservation e-mail. I was worried, so I asked and recieved the confirmation e-mail.

While I can't speak for Tursi, and I don't know the whole situation, I do know what it means to release a product.

I do believe Tursi and KSkunk set up the preorder page and the ordering system for a good reason.

I think it is amazing how many orders they can process in such a short time.

Keep in mind that they do it all as their HOBBY. Not as a fulltime job and not for a living.

Reading that there are preorder numbers of over 160... Some maybe even with mutiple boards...

It must be a LOAD of work to manage that in such a short time.

I just recently sent my payment and can't wait to get my hands on the board to finally get some code done again.

I had to switch to Project Tempest for a while, but it just doesn't replace a real Jag.

It leaves a lot of work, due to the differences to the real hardware.

So, can't wait :-D

Keep up the good work, folks.

Tursi is a good guy. One of the best. If he said you never registered you didn't. Lets assume either you didn't or there was some glitch.

vi is correct that you should have received the email confirmation. It was clearly stated. Everyone on here and JSII was posting their reservation number. So that should have been your first clue.

Plus Tursi giving you two separate chances to get on the list seems more than fair.

Same here. At first I didn't get a reservation e-mail. I was worried, so I asked and recieved the confirmation e-mail.

While I can't speak for Tursi, and I don't know the whole situation, I do know what it means to release a product.

I do believe Tursi and KSkunk set up the preorder page and the ordering system for a good reason.

I think it is amazing how many orders they can process in such a short time.

Keep in mind that they do it all as their HOBBY. Not as a fulltime job and not for a living.

Reading that there are preorder numbers of over 160... Some maybe even with mutiple boards...

I just recently sent my payment and can't wait to get my hands on the board to finally get some code done again.

I had to switch to Project Tempest for a while, but it just doesn't replace a real Jag.

It leaves a lot of work, due to the differences to the real hardware.

So, can't wait :-D

Keep up the good work, folks.

It's whorth the wait... I just sent my payment in yesterday, but I also have the first Skunkboard he released. It's a solid product so the second boards should be even better then the first.

Tursi and KSkunk have done a fantastic job. Thank you guys for providing something so awesome to the Jag community. The Skunkboard is going to be an important component within the Jaguar community (especially for developers) for as long as a Jaguar community remains. You guys have created a great product and I hope you guys will continue to provide your talents as your time warrants. :)

I'm glad somebody appreciates the logistics! Every night I work 3 hours on board programming, testing, burn-in, cutting labels, folding boxes, printing mailing labels, filling out customs forms... Each morning I go to work with a 13 gallon bag full of mail to drop off at the post office. About half the orders are overseas and require signed customs declarations which take forever to fill out.

Tursi is spending at least as much time every night answering PMs and e-mails.

And of course this has been going on for months while software and hardware was designed and tested, contracts were negotiated with suppliers. Just setting up the supply chain and getting through production took months with weekly phone calls and e-mails.

There's no profit in making Skunkboards, we're just doing it to try to grow the Jaguar community and hopefully get a few more games developed or betas released.

Fortunately most people here are crazy enough to understand why we do it... We are crazy fans, not Amazon.com. ;)

- KS

The remaining orders, through 168, have been sent out for payment. All orders 139 and above not yet paid are past their 3 day, so if it comes to a choice, orders 140-168 will get precedence (for the next three days). Any last minute or second chance boards (PM me if you like, no promises that there will be any at all) will not even be looked at until we are satisfied that all reservations are either filled, or are not coming. They will be privately addressed only, this is the last public shipping post.

Out of curiosity, back when reservations were taken (yeah, it's been a while) why did you not question the absence of a confirmation e-mail?

It was clearly stated that people would get a confirmation e-mail after filling in the correct information and submitting it.

Personally, if I hadn't received one, I would have PMd Tursi within 48 hours to either confirm that it went through and request a 2nd confirmation e-mail get sent or find out it hadn't gone through and re-submit my reservation.

That's what ummsayin'YO :P If after filling in the pre-order request form and within freaking minutes I didn't get my confirmation email so I could SAVE IT in my email archives, I would have been on the frackin' PM system at both sites until I got an answer asking why and if I should fill in the form again to get on the list with an order #.

I'd imagine he would have shown Tursi the confirmation email, if he had it in his possession(spam folder maybe?). It must have not been high the priority list to knowthe whereabouts of this important email.

When it comes to Atari for me, although I grew up with a 2600, it's Jaguar first and formost for consuming my free time and all other Atari's after that.

The remaining orders, through 168, have been sent out for payment. All orders 139 and above not yet paid are past their 3 day, so if it comes to a choice, orders 140-168 will get precedence (for the next three days). Any last minute or second chance boards (PM me if you like, no promises that there will be any at all) will not even be looked at until we are satisfied that all reservations are either filled, or are not coming. They will be privately addressed only, this is the last public shipping post.

Cheers to both Tursi and KSkunk for making all this possible! You can see it is done purely as a labor of love... and it is appreciated greatly. Thanks again guys...

Yes, I'll send you an email when I process your payment (I stopped answering the "I paid" emails that accompany most payments unless they had special terms ;) ). If you don't have one, PM me your email address, order number, and name, and I'll check. :)

I don't even know what number I could be, much less if the number came up. Communication has been low. I'm happy to wait my turn, and pay as soon as it is my turn. However, if I don't know if I'm even standing in the line.

AX

I've answered every one of the five PMs you have sent me the same way - you don't have a reservation, therefore you don't have a reservation number. You never preordered, you never filled in the form, you did not reserve. Reservation, you not have. No reservation have you. You, reservation not had. Reservation(the.golden.ax)==NULL.

"Communication has been low". The only thing low here is what you're writing about me in public. :)

I do not understand your attitude Tursi. It seems that GA was one of the first people to ask for a skunkboard here on AA that was not apparently signed up for one and you and skunk have already made it known pretty early on that people have given their place up in line, you sure know for a fact that I gave up mine on Monday so why not just assign him a spot that someone else gave up rather than string him along like you have? Did he not beg or grovel enough for you?

I read his post as asking to know if he is in line for a spot that was given up, not as you read it, as some maligning comment on you. I have known Golden Ax a long time and his reputation around here is stellar. He's one of the good guys and yet you felt the need to drag him through the mud publicly just because he wanted to give you money.

I have to say now that my conversations with you via e-mail earlier in the week left me feeling that I wanted nothing to do with anything you are involved with. I asked you for an extra TWO DAYS to get money together and you read the "rules" back to me as if you were running a government cheese line or the god damned DMV. Had I known that my friend needed a place in line I surely would have given him my spot rather than having an argument via e-mail with you.

If anyone here actually knew the way you treated long standing members of AA who had a little trouble, you'd be ridden out of here on a rail. When a CUSTOMER who's only goal is to GIVE YOU MONEY, you do not treat them like a child, you treat them with respect and compassion for their trouble even if you refuse to change your stupid rules to compensate a little here and there.

I don't even know what number I could be, much less if the number came up. Communication has been low. I'm happy to wait my turn, and pay as soon as it is my turn. However, if I don't know if I'm even standing in the line.

AX

I've answered every one of the five PMs you have sent me the same way - you don't have a reservation, therefore you don't have a reservation number. You never preordered, you never filled in the form, you did not reserve. Reservation, you not have. No reservation have you. You, reservation not had. Reservation(the.golden.ax)==NULL.

"Communication has been low". The only thing low here is what you're writing about me in public. :)

I do not understand your attitude Tursi. It seems that GA was one of the first people to ask for a skunkboard here on AA that was not apparently signed up for one and you and skunk have already made it known pretty early on that people have given their place up in line, you sure know for a fact that I gave up mine on Monday so why not just assign him a spot that someone else gave up rather than string him along like you have? Did he not beg or grovel enough for you?

I read his post as asking to know if he is in line for a spot that was given up, not as you read it, as some maligning comment on you. I have known Golden Ax a long time and his reputation around here is stellar. He's one of the good guys and yet you felt the need to drag him through the mud publicly just because he wanted to give you money.

I have to say now that my conversations with you via e-mail earlier in the week left me feeling that I wanted nothing to do with anything you are involved with. I asked you for an extra TWO DAYS to get money together and you read the "rules" back to me as if you were running a government cheese line or the god damned DMV. Had I known that my friend needed a place in line I surely would have given him my spot rather than having an argument via e-mail with you.

If anyone here actually knew the way you treated long standing members of AA who had a little trouble, you'd be ridden out of here on a rail. When a CUSTOMER who's only goal is to GIVE YOU MONEY, you do not treat them like a child, you treat them with respect and compassion for their trouble even if you refuse to change your stupid rules to compensate a little here and there.

What you don't see is the PM's Tursi was flooded with. GA brought this into the public when it was a private matter and so all you see is this small piece of the exchange without having any insight into the private exchanges. Tursi says that he offered to add GA to the list despite the fact that at the time the line was closed and there was no way to know how many boards were going to be available. He claims he tried to be accommodating despite the fact that he had no obligation to do so whatsoever. The bottom-line is this is a private matter that should not have been moved to the public forum. Tursi and KSkunk have done much more than anyone could possibly ask of them. They had no obligation to sell anyone a board let alone, design it, build it, write all the software for it, spend hours everyday packaging and shipping orders, and helping on the forums. Do you think the money received from the sale of the boards comes even close to repaying them for the time this took them? They did the Jag community a service and these posts are like slamming their arm in a car door for it. Don't comment on something when you don't have the whole story and have a little bit of compassion for the people who may be responsible for a lot of new Jag development. Sometimes this community just makes me sick! :x

I was #157 and did NOT expect to get one, so I was very pleased that I got an email and gladly sent my payment. After buying 3 developer jags with Alpine boards and not ONE of them working properly, I am truly grateful for the work Tursi and Kskunk have done.

I dunno...for some reason I felt compelled to write that.

Good work.

I was #157 and did NOT expect to get one, so I was very pleased that I got an email and gladly sent my payment. After buying 3 developer jags with Alpine boards and not ONE of them working properly, I am truly grateful for the work Tursi and Kskunk have done.

Good work.

Owning a flash cart and playing with BJL stuff, well I can say the Skunkboard doesn't actually beat both, both of those are good in their own special fields, but the Skunkboard is awesome in how it does most of both.

Let's just say I am pleased to not have to load rom with one device, and then switch cables and load something into ram (BJL). Just nice. It is going to make a neat dev tool.

Owning a flash cart and playing with BJL stuff, well I can say the Skunkboard doesn't actually beat both, both of those are good in their own special fields, but the Skunkboard is awesome in how it does most of both.

The Skunkboard will never beat a Flash Cart or Alpine, but it should be able to do exactly what BJL does exactly as well. If you've found things that work for sure on BJL and not on the Skunkboard, funnel them my way. Last time I found one of those it was just a little bug in JCP and it worked great after. :)

- KS

Woo hoo! The good news is that my Skunkboard arrived in the mail! :cool:

Unfortunately, the bad news is that I am moving from one apartment to another so my Jaguar is packed away until maybe Sunday! :x

Good work.

And to think I was actually going to dish out about $300 or $400 for one of those just so I could dev for the Jag. I'm glad I didn't.