IGNORED

FS: Commodore C64/C128, Plus/4, other PARTS & IC's, SIDs - DONE LOCK

Mirage

@accousticguitar: I suspected that. Thanks!

@Jurai29 and anyone else regarding SID chips: Great! I'm not quite ready to sell any SID chips yet, and I have a couple others interested in them too. However, I have quite a few, enough to go around for awhile. I need to get time (hopefully this week) to thoroughly test some, and I also need to order or find some static bags etc to safely ship these. I will put you on the list and let you know when they're available. They will be rigorously tested on the harness, and real-world tests. Buyers will mostly be paying for my time to thoroughly test and pack/ship them safely. Most of the ones I've run across so far are 6581R4's which are nice.

I have no Atari repair parts, sorry. I do have a few Apple ][ bits (I've seen NOS power switches and keyboard switches, a few keys too). This was a C= repair shop with a couple random other items.

Edited by Mirage1972

Nonner242: Your inbox is full, I tried to reply to your PM... I don't have any completes at this time... lot was all parts, no cases. No 1541-II's, only regular 1541's and a few third party drives. No SX-64's, sorry.

AB Positive: The monitor cables do work on C64c's. I'm using one of them with my main C64 now, which is a 64c. I'll PM you. Thanks.

Nonner242: Your inbox is full, I tried to reply to your PM... I don't have any completes at this time... lot was all parts, no cases. No 1541-II's, only regular 1541's and a few third party drives. No SX-64's, sorry.

AB Positive: The monitor cables do work on C64c's. I'm using one of them with my main C64 now, which is a 64c. I'll PM you. Thanks.

OOPs.....Had about 20 PMs last night....lol

@Jurai29 and anyone else regarding SID chips: Great! I'm not quite ready to sell any SID chips yet, and I have a couple others interested in them too. However, I have quite a few, enough to go around for awhile. I need to get time (hopefully this week) to thoroughly test some, and I also need to order or find some static bags etc to safely ship these. I will put you on the list and let you know when they're available. They will be rigorously tested on the harness, and real-world tests. Buyers will mostly be paying for my time to thoroughly test and pack/ship them safely. Most of the ones I've run across so far are 6581R4's which are nice.

Ok well put me down for 2 for now. I need one for a repair and a friend needs one. If its in my budget I may go for 3. Any idea of what you'll sell them for?

Ok well put me down for 2 for now. I need one for a repair and a friend needs one. If its in my budget I may go for 3. Any idea of what you'll sell them for?

I'm not sure yet. I've been looking around at what others are asking, and it will be less than what I've seen, for sure.

Quick update on the IC's. I've started testing, and I'm going to start out by having batches ready of the most often needed chips: SID (6581), VIC-II (6567 et al), PLA (906114-01/82S1), and the CIA (6526/8521). I'll also have 6510 CPUs handy. Anything else, let me know what you need and I can look/test on a case-by-case basis. I have a lot of 64 RAM, a few of each of the other IC's. Everything above will be throughly tested before going out and will be sent physically and statically secure. The first and probably at least one or two subsequent batches have never been soldered, only socketed. Some are NOS, but I'm not making the distinction since all will be tested thorougly.

So far, I also know I have drive chips for 1541/1571/and a very few for 1581. Some of the drive chips I can test, others I cannot as I don't have the drives or any way of testing them. These will be handled on a case-by-case basis. I also have some Plus-4 chips, let me know exactly what you need and I can look. I also cannot test these, but will be priced accordingly.

I've not officially started taking any orders yet, but I have a list of what people have said they're interested in and will contact each when I'm ready to ship. Once I have an exact inventory of the other IC's and small parts, I will post it.

The only real holdup right now is that I need to obtain more anti-static foam and shippers, which I should have this weekend with a little luck.

Pricing is as follows. Prices are primarily for my testing time, shipping materials, etc, and a nominal charge for the parts themselves. You could go through a bunch of C64's + shipping costs hoping to get good chips (then not really knowing for sure if you have no diagnostic equipment), or you could just buy known good chips and be done with it. I have looked at what others are charging for tested and untested chips, and I think my prices are generally low, especially for the SID chips.

Prices are for tested chips PLUS shipping (no extra handling fees):

SID (6581): $15 each - If need specific revision, let me know. More than 1? If they need to be matched, I'll do my best revision-wise and sound-wise.

VIC-II (6567 et al): $5 each

PLA (906114-01/82S1): $5 each

CIA (6526/8521): $5 each (requires 2 unless you know only one is bad)

6510 CPU: $5 each

All other special requests, case-by-case basis. Probably no more than $5 each, sets of 8 RAM chips, less than that of course, let me know how many you need.

Thanks,

Chris

Edited by Mirage1972

You don't happen to have an 8-pin DIN to 6-pin DIN monitor cable, do you? This is the odd-ball cable that allows the c64/c128 to hook up to the 1902a monitor. Been looking for one for awhile now!

Nope, sorry.

But that reminds me, I forgot to put up pics of some other cables I have. They're 5-pin DIN (like on the Rev. A 64 mb or Atari 8-bits) cables, but some have only 1 RCA jack, and the others have 2 RCA jacks. Not sure what they're for or what they could be useful for. If nothing else, they could probably be used to create monitor cables for the Rev. A or 8-bits.

The only Amiga items in this lot were one A1000 with no keyboard, a 500 manuals set, and schematics/service manuals for most of the Amigas including 500/2000/3000 and GenLock and memory expansion. Those aren't for sale, at least not at this time, maybe later. Go ahead and contact me if you really need something like this though. I want to scan them in hi-res first, then possibly they'll be for sale.

Edited by Mirage1972

You don't happen to have an 8-pin DIN to 6-pin DIN monitor cable, do you? This is the odd-ball cable that allows the c64/c128 to hook up to the 1902a monitor. Been looking for one for awhile now!

If you have an electronics supplier nearby you could assemble one yourself. I've done it myself, get 2 8pin din commectors and one of those composite/stereo cables with the 3 rca connectors on each end. Cut the cable in half and trim back the insulation just enough to connect the din connector. The pinouts are listed in programmers reference guide and should be found online too. I don't have the link but you can find it via search engine with little trouble. That should give you 2 of the video cables with the seperate chroma/luma + audio used on the Commodore systems.

Bump & updated to reflect sold items & lowered some prices after more research.

I've sold quite a few C64 motherboards and SID chips, but I still have a couple tested 100% OK C64 motherboards left, a few 6581R4 SID chips, and a bunch of original (~1984) 6581 SID chips, also a few 8580 SID chips. Also have 128 processors and other 128 chips, white or brown C64 keyboards, NOS original C64 and C64c LEDs, etc etc.

I start shipping out on Tuesday April 28th. Let me know what you need.

Thanks,

Chris

Edited by Mirage1972

Bump and note that I am now completely sold out of the SID 6581R4 chips. I do still have quite a few earlier 6581's from around 1984. I also only have a couple complete tested C64 motherboards left.

Very happy to have helped keep another Commodore machine alive!

I edited out all sold items.

If anyone has even a vague interest in any of the remaining items, please make an offer, any offer at all. I'd like to find good homes for the 1581 utilities, C=PC diagnostic stuff, etc... if anyone needs power supplies or whatnot. I need to clear out some space pretty quick here. I sold a ton of stuff over the past couple weeks, but there's several tubs of items left taking up too much room. I'm cutting up those long cables this week for the DINs, so anyone needs any DINs that are listed, tehy are super cheap. PM me an offer! :)

Thanks everyone.

• 1 month later...
Mirage 1972....you are a butcherer and a slaughterer, couldn't you of found enough component and put together a machine or two....you probably would have got more for it (as it costs a bit to post/ship it)

WTF are you talking about? What I bought was a lot consisting of bins of NOS and used loose IC's and parts, along with some good motherboards and some that need repair. I sold all the good motherboards, and still have all the ones that need repair which I will get to eventually. I did throw some stuff out, but it was absolute junk, the stuff that wasn't repairable at all (dead IC's etc) or the stuff that was in horrible physical condition (like breadbin cases that were severely cracked/broken). Hell, I even kept the case bottoms from the 64c's that weren't cracked. Furthermore, I have like 50 or so 64 keyboards that I haven't and won't throw out. They all need to be rebuilt, and they're worth almost nothing, but I don't throw them out out of principle. Honestly, I did throw out a few 64 motherboards (a very few, like 3) that I felt were beyond repair due to a lot of physical damage. I did pull all the chips before throwing them out however. And to the contrary of being a "butcherer and a slaughterer", I know for a fact that I saved quite a few Commodore's by providing the parts to repair them! Even at least one Plus/4 (probably 3 of them). And second contrary... I only had a couple complete good cases in the entire lot. One went to a friend as a complete 64 and the other I sold.

Also, if it costs more to ship, how would I have gotten more anyway, that makes no sense. Not that it matters. And in case you think I'm rolling in cash due to selling everything I sold, you're very sadly mistaken! As a matter of fact, if you figure all the hours I put into it, I made WAY under minimum wage. I even gave a ton of freebies with each order.

So, it would probably be a brilliant idea to just keep your mouth shut when you have no clue what you're talking about. Thanks! :)

On a completely unrelated note (really), all sales are now officially closed until further notice. I'm too busy right now with two jobs and other things going on to worry about it any more. This f'ing ignorant comment really has nothing to do with it, I was already going to post this today anyway.

Edited by Mirage1972