IGNORED

Everything can be tuned for making music

emkay

The music is very nice... indeed.

I don't know this guy, but he plays two instruments on the XL , fully correct to the needed pitch and with waveforms you won't get with the emulation.

Does someone know that guy?

It seems, he has the right equipment to help finetuning the ATARI music. The Math formulas seem wrong somehow. So only finetuning via an oscilloscope helps with all . And he did it right.

Good find Emkay. Much better than the Radiohead cover, although I am amazed by the sounds and harmonics realized by these scanners....

I am glad to find that he ditched the comodore 64 from his previous oldschool remix (

) in favor of the 800XL!!! Edited by Cybernoid

Is that an old EICO scope? OMG...

Bob

The music is very nice... indeed.

I don't know this guy, but he plays two instruments on the XL , fully correct to the needed pitch and with waveforms you won't get with the emulation.

Does someone know that guy?

It seems, he has the right equipment to help finetuning the ATARI music. The Math formulas seem wrong somehow. So only finetuning via an oscilloscope helps with all . And he did it right.

You can get a sine wave... or a close approximation with forced volume.

They sound close to triangles anyway, so it's not a huge loss not having them.

As for the resultant waveform we get from Pokey from actual pure tone (square), which in fact isn't square - I don't know if we've resolved yet if that's because of what's happening inside Pokey, or from the external sound circuitry.

You can get a sine wave... or a close approximation with forced volume.

They sound close to triangles anyway, so it's not a huge loss not having them.

As for the resultant waveform we get from Pokey from actual pure tone (square), which in fact isn't square - I don't know if we've resolved yet if that's because of what's happening inside Pokey, or from the external sound circuitry.

I wouldn't mind hearing a bit more about this! Would it be possible to explain what exactly "forced volume" is? Is this only a programming technique or would it be possible through a music program such as Theta Music Composer or Chaos Music Composer?

"Forced volume" is what your software driven digitized speech, drums, instrumental effects are done with.

Allows 4 bits Digital to Analog conversion per voice... and you can use multiple voices to improve perceived precision. 2 voices gives 5 bits, all 4 voices gives 6 bits.