IGNORED

First JagCF PCBs manufactured

Zerosquare

Thanks. :)

Any updates on what this thing will be able to do?

- much faster and more reliable media than the JagCD

- more RAM, so it is possible to have enhanced graphics and sound in future games

- additional processing power with built-in instructions for alpha-blending, etc.

- USB connection to a PC to upload code

- support for mouse and keyboard

- non-buggy networking

- more RAM, so it is possible to have enhanced graphics and sound in future games

- additional processing power with built-in instructions for alpha-blending, etc.

- non-buggy networking

:lust:

I'm not trying to start a flame war but didn't SEGA go down this road with the 32X? :ponder: We all know how grate that worked out. :spidey:

Edited by walter_J64bit

I'm not trying to start a flame war but didn't SEGA go down this road with the 32X? :ponder: We all know how grate that worked out. :spidey:

True, walter, but this is just a homebrew project -- hobbyist. It's not really the same. They're not trying to sell to the mass-public.

I say, if they want to add features, go for it.

If people don't think it's worth it, that's ok, though.

This is great news, can't wait until they're available for sale! Anticipate hearing more about what it can do and the games that are planned for it too :D

How so? I don't think the 32X interfaces with a PC or any additional accessories, or provide for enhanced networking...

The additional RAM sounds more like a saturn RAM expansion card than anything else. Wonder if the extra RAM could provide for additional features in a homebrew JagCD game (or is it just JagCF games?), that'd be interesting!

Edited by Willard

- non-buggy networking

This all sounds like a sweet dream.

Someone wake me up, please ;)

Will there be a formal ordering page? I don't want to miss out.

AX

I wouldn't worry quite yet.

I'm sure there's still a lot of time until something like this goes into production.

... not starting a flame war, but just stating facts -- it's been years and years that this has been "in the works."

It will be interesting to read more details when these become available. Will there be a lot of software released that won't run on another device such as a SkunkBoard, etc?

The magic 8-ball says, 'Answer hazy, try again later.' :)

One thing I know about the Jaguar is that for every ten games announced, only one gets released. So it's bad to count your releases before they hatch.

Over the past year, the Jaguar has seen a lot of unfinished games and early betas being released to the public domain. Original releases are _much_ rarer.

So from that perspective, I think most of the free software releases will be 'classic' software that runs fine on Flash carts, Alpine, Skunkboards, JagCF, BJL, you name it.

- KS