IGNORED

First JagCF PCBs manufactured

Zerosquare

No time frame has been given and no speculation of time needed has been stated.

Testing of the CF has to be done and then a bulk machined soldered order of CFs. So I'm hoping it's within a years' time from now till the order taking begins. I hope that's an over-estimate, just going by the more relaxed pace the CF dev is in that's all.

As long as the project doesn't get dropped, or fade away into a distant memory that will be nice. :D

No time frame has been given and no speculation of time needed has been stated.

Testing of the CF has to be done and then a bulk machined soldered order of CFs. So I'm hoping it's within a years' time from now till the order taking begins. I hope that's an over-estimate, just going by the more relaxed pace the CF dev is in that's all.

As long as the project doesn't get dropped, or fade away into a distant memory that will be nice. :D

I completely agree!

This JagCF project seems very very interesting :cool:

Why is developed to compact flash cards? and not for SD cards? (but dont tell me then that would be called JagSD xD) the SDHC and SDXC does not seem best means? any technical reason?

What is the switch behind the console that show L or H? in my Jaguar there is nothing...

What is the switch behind the console that show L or H? in my Jaguar there is nothing...

On my US Jaguar this switches the RF Modulator between channels 2 and 3. Maybe this is only a feature of some regions? Dependent on TV signal?

If you have a Real Video Cable you'd never use the switch anyway.

- KS

This JagCF project seems very very interesting
Thanks !

Why is developed to compact flash cards? and not for SD cards? (but dont tell me then that would be called JagSD xD) the SDHC and SDXC does not seem best means? any technical reason?
The project started several years ago, and at the time SD cards were slower than Compact Flash cards (it is less of a concern nowadays). As we intend to do things like audio and video streaming, speed is important.

Another reason is that the specifications for Compact Flash cards are available for free. SD technical specs are only partially free -- if you want to know how to use the higher data transfer rates, you need to pay a large sum of money, sign a NDA, etc. There are also no free specs for the next revision of the standard (SDXC cards), and backwards compatibility is not required, so future cards may not be compatible.

As kskunk said, it is used to select the RF channel. It is present on US models only. Don't bother about it, RF output is crap anyways ;)

Thanks for the replies guys, I used only the official Atari Scart/Peritel RGB cable, I have never tested with RF (the worse)

Zerosquare, now everything is clear, I follow closely the news of the project; here are a future buyer ;)

Thx for ur work

• 2 weeks later...

There is no priority list, so no need to rush to reserve anything :)

We'll take preorders later, and depending on this, we'll have as many cards manufactured as necessary (and maybe a bit more).

And I don't think you can get CF card for free, but low-capacity ones are quite cheap ; if you don't want to buy one new, it's not too difficult to get used ones, either.

Edited by Zerosquare

In the recent outline one of the gods gave me a jaguar. Now, I don't have any games for it, or anything else for that matter, so I am wondering when will the device be available. And since the run is bound to be around 100 units, as usual for these things, is there a cost estimate? I know you wouldn't want to get into that, but still it will be non binding. Fall 2009 seems far but time will pass :).