IGNORED

CRT simulation for Stella

ibogost

In that case, the files atari_ntsc.h, atari_ntsc.c and atari_sdl.c should be your main focus.

Basically, you have to call atari_ntsc_init() to initialise relevant data structures; then at each frame call atari_ntsc_blit(). The latter function takes a ~320x240x8bpp image and outputs a 640x480x16bpp result. Additionally the result has its pixels squashed vertically by 7/8 (with interpolation) to preserve correct aspect ratio; but I think you would like to turn that last thing off and do it by means of OpenGL.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
how do I upgrade my open gl to 3.0 so I can use the crt simullation in stella?

Well, you only need 2.0, not 3.0. And assuming your video card support it, you just need to download the most recent drivers from the manufacturers website (Nvidia, ATI, Intel, etc). If your card doesn't support OpenGL 2.0 even with the latest drivers, then you have to use another card.

I read it wrong. I have 1.4 open gl with an intell 945GM express chipset family card. gateway laptop running windows xp professional edition. Centrino duo processor. How do I upgrade to opengl 2.0? I've been searching, but haven't had any luck yet.

Edited by Legend