IGNORED

Koffi: Yellow Kopter update

Cafeman

ok, so i tried it out on the PC and it works, as in i can get to different levels and switch games styles (color mode etc) but i can never seem to put out the fires, where is the rain? and how do i know if koffi's water tank has something in it. i have never seen rain nor snow. why is this.

===> You got me. what Emulator are you using? It seems Koffi doesn't work with some of them. I use both the DOS-based Virtual Super System from Dan Boris, and Atari800win, version 3.0 (the newest one).

monster, there are 4 stages, and stage 4 actually has no rain/snow. But you should see rain or snow on the other 3 levels. Sounds like the 'missiles' aren't showing for some reason, because the rain / snow is made up of the 5200's "Missile" sprites. If no missiles were displayed on your PC emulator, the animals also would not look correct, and Koffi's water gauge wouldn't appear at all (it is a Missile sprite too). The water gauge only appears if you actually catch > 1 rain drop.

Hope that helps ... let me know what emu you are using, as I'm curious.

:x :x :x

I hate you Cafeman.... :x :x :x You have BLATENTLY and with MALICE A FORETHOUGHT gotten me ADDICTED to your game KOFFI!!!

How DARE you put out something COMPLETELY ORIGINAL and FUN TO PLAY! I CAN'T SLEEP NOW BECAUSE OF YOU!!! :x :x :x

Seriously though, I fired it up on the ol 5200 emu and I love it. Makes me wish I hadn't gotten rid of my 5200 10 years ago. It's good stuff..

:D :D :D

One more thing -- I am making only 100 of these Koffi: Yellow KOpter games. I have 100 boxes and enough parts to make 100 of them. These first 100 Koffi's will be signed by me (unless you don't want the box / cart marked) and will have unique boxes/labels.  

Additional Koffi's will be definitely made available after the first 100, as demand requires.  However the first 100 will be the signed ones with the "first edition" / custom tag on them, to make them more unique.  

So if you I get > 100 orders, although there will be a wait, the surplus orders will be filled.  I will let everyone know for sure via email. So far , there are a number of them left though.

Do you have anymore of the first 100 Koffi carts? I am gonna try to sneak payment out on my next paycheck without the Videogame police seeing me. :)

Oh, and how much did you calculate the shipping will be? (Cheap slow Mail) if possible. Thanks :P

Yeah, there's more left. I have contacted all the pre-order folks, but not all of them have (yet?) confirmed anything.

Email me at the above addy with Koffi to ensure an order. Early next week I'll probably "go public" for the rest of the orders.

While we're talking about the game, I just finished my second "Find more Memory!" quest. Yep, I ran out of memory for the 2nd time. Fortunately, a few opitmizations yielded about 1800 more free bytes.

I'm working on the 'credits' screen now. :)

• 2 weeks later...
I do want to state that the new demo of Koffi under Atari800win Plus 3.0 will crash randomly.  I have had it do it mostly when I press F4 to start the game...but then it usually does it shortly after I get into a game.  I haven't been able to beat any level yet without it crashing a few moments into the game.  The previous demos..didn't do this at all...and I was able to play for a good long while..hehe..

So something has changed...I just hope there aren't problems on the real deal...

:?

What ROM are you running? I'm running the ROM from the website and I'm also using Atari800WinPLus 3.0 and I'm not getting the crash.

There does seem to be a problem with Atari800WinPLus 3.0 and the upper fire button. Cafeman is not enabling the interrupt but when the upper fire button is pressed in this emulator it calls the interrupt routine anyway.

Could you be pressing the key for the upper fire button accidently? It would be originally mapped to the right shift key if you didn't change it.

Yeap...that is what I am doing...

I have been using the right shift as the upper button even since I started using Atari800winPlus for my 8-bit emulation needs. So are you saying that the upper button key doesn't work in v.3.0 now? Or do I just need to map it to another key on the keyboard? The whole reason I was anticipating v3.0 was for both buttons to be enabled..so that Moon Patrol and some others could be played...etc.

Either way....I am sure to get at least one copy of Koffi, once Cafeman gets it all put together...hehe...

Oh..and Cafeman...you can cancel my preorder to free up one other slot for someone else...since my copy is a reward...hehe

Still can't believe I won that!

:D

Yeap...that is what I am doing...

I have been using the right shift as the upper button even since I started using Atari800winPlus for my 8-bit emulation needs.  So are you saying that the upper button key doesn't work in v.3.0 now?

There is a bug in the implentation. Look at my http://www.atariage.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14908 for an explanation.

The whole reason I was anticipating v3.0 was for both buttons to be enabled..so that Moon Patrol and some others could be played...etc.

There was a problem with previous copies of Atari800WinPLus not using the BREAK logic for the upper fire button. This made it impossible to play games that relied on it. But now they are just going to the BREAK routine when the button is pressed even if the program disables the interrupt. Try it on Super Pacman and you'll see the same thing.

Thanks for responding. This explains why it crached on you and not the real 5200.