IGNORED

Konami Classic DS

Zeptari

I just picked this up today... Didn't even read the games listed... because I had this on the GBA years

ago and figured it would have all those games plus a few extra's.

I was wrong! Where's Frogger and Gyruss? :x

And what's up with the name change of Tutankham to Horror Maze?

I'd like to see a sequel to this with the games listed above plus a

few more... I'll have to look at KLOV.com for my with list. :D

This sequel would be along the same lines as the release of

Logo Star Wars: the complete saga.... kind of an apology for

the disaster that was lego star wars 2.. if you catch my dift.

gotta go check out the other game i got today... elite beat agents...

-rick

This is by far one of my most played DS games of all time. A great game compliation and I recommend it to everyone who is a classic Konami fan. Some highlights that I enjoy about this comp

The ability to adjust the "dip switches"

Two player mode on one DS screen

Yeah, that was pretty lame...no idea why they did that. Presumably the descendants of the late pharoah objected to his name being used?

HOrror Maze is the original non North America name for the game.

Yeah, that was pretty lame...no idea why they did that. Presumably the descendants of the late pharoah objected to his name being used?

I remember it being called Tutankham when i played it here in the USA.

-rick

-rick

A quicklook at the KLOV doesnt show anything by that name nor a brief mention on the Tutankham page. I know a MAME rom has it as Horror Maze tho.

By the way, this thread got me playing it again. Some day I'll get to the 4th maze. Some day. It's one of those games like Robotron that I really enjoy despite completely sucking at. The 2600 version is great, but sooo much easier.

Edited by BydoEmpire

-rick

A quicklook at the KLOV doesnt show anything by that name nor a brief mention on the Tutankham page. I know a MAME rom has it as Horror Maze tho.

http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?game_id=10227

is this it? i know i played this version...

I actually just picked up Konami Classics today. Right before I had my class. About six people passed the game around looking at the screenshots "Holy CRAP!!! I remember these games? Where did you get this?"

So far this game brings about a nice assortment of addicting, classic gameplay.

(Unrelated but similar note: Anyone planning on getting Retro Atari Classics for the DS?)

Just to clarify in case there was some confusion, I agree about the Konami collection. I've enjoyed all three they've put out and their XBLA releases. My post was in regards to your question about Retro Atari Classics for the DS.

People weren't pleased because the ports were poorly done and weren't very faithful to the originals. If your going into it expecting high quality ports that play well and are faithful to the original arcade titles, your not going to probably be pleased with the Atari DS collection (Or the PSP one for that matter, though it wasn't quite as bad).

I need to play my copy again too.. got it on my DS shelf right next to my Namco Museum DS.

Saw a few people around who did complain that the Konami Classics was a lower-grade emulator.. ..but most of the reviews/opinions I read were seen after I already bought the thing anyways.. just saw it at the store, last copy, been eyeballing it for a week, and I knew it was right up my alley.

your not going to probably be pleased with the Atari DS collection (Or the PSP one for that matter, though it wasn't quite as bad).

uugh, Atari's ports were barely even passable, vs. Namco/Konami.. and they completely lost me on the "remix" versions.. I'm glad I only paid $10 for it.. only near-playable game on there was probably asteroids, every other game had some weird problem or gimmick that just didn't feel right.

people who have lots of complaints about the Namco/Konami ports should witness this for themselves, then "weird aspect ratio" contra and pac-man won't seem like a problem.

Just to clarify in case there was some confusion, I agree about the Konami collection. I've enjoyed all three they've put and their XBLA releases. My post was in regards to your question about Retro Atari Classics for the DS.

People weren't pleased because the ports were poorly done and weren't very faithful to the originals. If your going into it expecting high quality ports that play well and are faithful to the original arcade titles, your not going to probably be pleased with the Atari DS collection (Or the PSP one for that matter, though it wasn't quite as bad).

I had a feeling you meant the Atari DS collection. No worries. ^_^

• 8 years later...

Only today have I discovered that you can prop up your DS, select the rotate screen option, and wirelessly connect another DS to the system to serve as your controller with this collection. TATE mode in miniature form, with no hand cramping controller compromises needed. :)

Since the screen of my 3DS XL is just large enough to make this fun at my computer desk, I'm wondering if anyone knows if Namco Museum DS also had this option? It too was developed by M2, and came out a few months after this excellent Konami collection did. Never saw much reason to buy it when the PSP counterpart had more games and was only missing Super Xevious, but now I'm reconsidering it.

Edited by Atariboy