IGNORED

What's some of the nastiest stuff you foudn when cleaning a console?

Well I just opened my Halo Edition Xbox that I bought from my friend and it's loaded with dead cockroaches and a dried yellow substance that smells like chlorine (you guessed it). I'm gonna post some pics once I find my camera.

Ummm...pics not nessessary...we can take your word for it. :ponder:

I haven't found much nasty stuff in consoles, but the nastiest thing I found in a classic electronic device was when I picked up a 1025 printer at a flea market back in the early 90s, brought it home, and cleaned it only to find a mummified fried chicken wing with BBQ sauce on it. Bleh!

I haven't found much nasty stuff in consoles, but the nastiest thing I found in a classic electronic device was when I picked up a 1025 printer at a flea market back in the early 90s, brought it home, and cleaned it only to find a mummified fried chicken wing with BBQ sauce on it. Bleh!

Nasty!! How bad did it smell and what color did it turn.

Edited by STICH666

Just recently I opened up a Genesis 2 console to check it out and stuff, and someone had puked inside it. Very nasty, and it was all dried and caked over the mainboard-- I decided not to try to fix that one. Smelled like bile and had turned hard.

I came very close to vomiting on my Genesis way back then. I missed though, so it's not mine. :)

This happened shortly after the scene in "Alien" where it burst through the guy's chest. My friend never let me live that down.

The nastiest console I have seen is a PS1 I got for its laser unit. It's got grime in most, if not all, the vents. By far, though, I've seen nastier stuff:

Mario Golf for Game Boy color - Soda pop spilled into cart and the board was stuck to the back case by the pop. I cleaned it all up and it worked, and I still have it.

Mortal Kombat 1 for Game Gear - I opened this and was greeted by two dead worm like creatures. They had orange and black stripes running lengthwise, and each was about half an inch long. They weren't earthworms, but they might have been baby millipedes.

Not 100% on topic but reminds me of back in about 1990 when I got my first job in IT. Someone's PC at work was misbehaving so we opened 'er up to find a mouse nest in it. Word started to spread with other users so our glorious team leader went out and bought a powerful vaccuum and advertised that our swat team would come around and do a thorough cleaning of everyone's PC. First customer, my colleague opened up the PC and merrily vaccuumed up a half-dozen jumpers off the motherboard. Were talking some noname clone XT or 286 machine here, no docs, no idea where the jumpers came from, how many, etc. Toast!

I got a second hand N64 once as a spare but it kept rattling so after I dug out my 'computer repair' toolkit, I opened it up and found £20 in one pound coins!

:!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Who did you get it from?

Edited by STICH666