IGNORED

80's Arcade Gum?!?

Kripto

NEVER EAT OLD GUM!!!! I had 20 year old gum from a pack of Ninja Turtles Trading Cards and I threw up.

A few years back a cracked open a five gallon tin of Civil Defense Survival Bisquits from 1962 and tried to eat them....GROSS!! They tasted like pure crap.

Wp

I don't remember those!!! They look really cool.What I do remember are those really cool Donkey Kong and Pac-man trading cards/stickers that Topps used to make. I loved those, especially the Pac-man scratcher games. It was like lotto ticket but it was based on the games.

post-22489-1240801493_thumb.jpg

post-22489-1240801510_thumb.jpg

That and Garbage Pail Kids were the bomb.

Edited by lushgirl_80

:ponder: :roll: A bit offtopic but do you think this box of cereal is still good?????

post-22489-1240800567_thumb.jpg

lol I used to love that back in the day. Basically was just Trix cereal but had a Nintendo logo on the box. Kinda like Pac-man cereal was basically a ripoff of Lucky Charms, Donkey Kong cereal was Cap'n Crunch. I remember C-3PO cereal being alot like Honey Comb.

I remember they even made a Ninja Turtles cereal too. It was like Lucky Charms.

• 2 months later...
Does anybody remember these? I don't and would be a bit surprised if any survived in mint condition to today(Maybe if they never their original box packaging...)

post-1636-1240755678_thumb.jpg

More Info HERE

I still have a couple. I used to display them with a couple of smurfs back in the day.

I dont remember where I got them from but it wasnt Kaybee.

Edited by CARTRIDGE STEALER

Does anybody remember these? I don't and would be a bit surprised if any survived in mint condition to today(Maybe if they never their original box packaging...)

post-1636-1240755678_thumb.jpg

More Info HERE

I still have a couple. I used to display them with a couple of smurfs back in the day.

I dont remember where I got them from but it wasnt Kaybee.

I have donkey kong and donkey kong jr.

NEVER EAT OLD GUM!!!! I had 20 year old gum from a pack of Ninja Turtles Trading Cards and I threw up.

A few years back a cracked open a five gallon tin of Civil Defense Survival Bisquits from 1962 and tried to eat them....GROSS!! They tasted like pure crap.

Wp

In 2003, I popped open a pack of Donkey Kong gum from the early 80s. It was at least 20 years old. I didn't really eat it so much as let it dissolve on my tounge, as soon as it was in my mouth it turned to powder. Not pleasant, but I didn't throw up or anything.

I remember them , and I also believe 7-11 sold them in the candy aisle. All sorts of sugary goodness back then.

Around the same time as these ...

3395904479ab638ecb13.jpg

I say that because , I remember taking them to school with me , and a candy stop in the morning was always a must. :)

I had all of the "arcade gums". I don't really like gum, though. Always loses it's flavor too fast, gets caught in my teeth, etc.

My friend took me to this indoor fleamarket once and they had "hockey puck" candy.. chocolate outside, marshmallow inside, all sugary. It hadn't been made in years, but he made me buy two and we ate them. Man, they were nasty.

Strange that I don't remember the arcade candy... must never have been any at stores I went to, or I certainly would have bought them all.

I bought tons of the sticker/scratch card packs for Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man, and Donkey Kong. Basically every time we went in a store I begged my parents to get me a pack.

I bought tons of the sticker/scratch card packs for Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man, and Donkey Kong. Basically every time we went in a store I begged my parents to get me a pack.

Add the Nintendo cards to the list. Those things were GOLD in the late 80s. Although, the scratch-off stuff never seemed to actually scratch off, you'd end up putting a hole through the card before you got it to come off. What, were they card makers too cheap to use the lotto-grade silver stuff?