IGNORED

Updated Ms. Pac-Man

PacManPlus

Bob...

I just noticed one (minor) detail which I do not know if it can be changed repecting the 7800 port.

In the Arcade, whenever you eat a ghost monster points displayed appears to be the same color as Inky:

post-18-1242343554_thumb.png post-18-1242343558_thumb.png

However, the 7800 port appears to utilize the color of Sue when displaying the point value:

post-18-1242343592_thumb.png post-18-1242343595_thumb.png

Is it possible to change the color of the points displayed in this 7800 Arcade hack to match the Arcade point display color when eating ghost monsters?

I know the fruit points value in the Arcade displays white and in a different font in the Arcade version, and due to the limitation of the 7800 this cannot be done. On the other hand with this issue I'm thinking the color value display for ghost monsters is just switching one color already used for another color already used on the 7800 version.

-Trebor

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...t&p=1749322

I figured I would do this in groups of 10 and will let you all know when yours is ready to go.

Cart will be $25 shipped in the US and Should be $2-3 more for International. I don't have any kind of account with USPS so will double check that.

A Box or Priority Mail will be extra.

:D

Cool, good luck with your new enterprise.

I've started making the carts already and am not sure what PacManPlus will decide to do or what is or isn't possible.

I've already got the proms for the first 10 burned. Posting in the thread is fine, but could the first 10 people let me know if you would prefer to wait till we hear from PacManPlus or have me finish making their carts I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

Bob...

I just noticed one (minor) detail which I do not know if it can be changed repecting the 7800 port.

In the Arcade, whenever you eat a ghost monster points displayed appears to be the same color as Inky:

However, the 7800 port appears to utilize the color of Sue when displaying the point value:

Is it possible to change the color of the points displayed in this 7800 Arcade hack to match the Arcade point display color when eating ghost monsters?

I know the fruit points value in the Arcade displays white and in a different font in the Arcade version, and due to the limitation of the 7800 this cannot be done. On the other hand with this issue I'm thinking the color value display for ghost monsters is just switching one color already used for another color already used on the 7800 version.

-Trebor

Hi Trebor:

Being that there is more than one person involved now, and things are already finalized... (and being the minor change that it is), I'm going to let it go.

Thanks, though Trebor.

Bob

Since several people have had questions via PM, I wanted to answer some of them in the thread:

- Bob had said in the first post (or somewhere at the top) that someone else would be making the carts this time - and that would be me. ;)

- Although I have been working with him, he didn't mention anything about manuals so it will be cart only.

- The price will be for the cart will be $25 shipped (unless you want a box, priority mail, or were outside the US).

- Priority starts at 4.95 now according to the USPS website.

- Payment would be due when I contact you and your cart is made and ready to be shipped.

- Paypal would be my first choice for payment.

Hope that helps and if anyone has any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Since Bob has replied, I am going to get back to work tonight making the first batch of carts. :)

Bob...

-Trebor

Hi Trebor:

Being that there is more than one person involved now, and things are already finalized... (and being the minor change that it is), I'm going to let it go.

Thanks, though Trebor.

Bob

Hi Bob

Right so,enough is enough.Your Arcade hack is great.........

And like i said,it is not necessary,to make a game 100 percent,like the original arcade.The most important thing for me,is that it makes fun.....

greetings Walter

Thanks!

I must say though I was not being mean, nor was I annoyed or anything like that - Trebor has hit on quite a few things in the past that I have missed, and I like to get little details as close as possible to the real thing. :) It's just that it is now a different situation, so I have decided to let it go at that and concentrate on getting the Jr. Pac-Man memory bug resolved (or a workaround, which I think I have achieved). :)

Thanks, all

Bob

Thanks!

I must say though I was not being mean, nor was I annoyed or anything like that - Trebor has hit on quite a few things in the past that I have missed, and I like to get little details as close as possible to the real thing. :) It's just that it is now a different situation, so I have decided to let it go at that and concentrate on getting the Jr. Pac-Man memory bug resolved (or a workaround, which I think I have achieved). :)

Thanks, all

Bob

Professional and classy as always, Bob. I still can't wait for this cart. As in the past, I was just pointing out something that may or may not have been overlooked and may or may not be changed. Considering the circumstance and more importantly your decision ultimately, I completely understand.

Your fantastic and awesome work is always very much appreciated!

-Trebor

Right so,enough is enough.Your Arcade hack is great

Agreed, Walter; this Arcade hack is great. I'm sorry if what I pointed out annoyed you. A series of changes made for this hack specifically related to changing colors to match the Arcade version. I just pointed out one other color change which if possible could match the Arcade just like many of Bob's other changes for this hack. I wasn't trying to be picky or come across as ungrateful, just trying to help.

-Trebor

Right so,enough is enough.Your Arcade hack is great

Agreed, Walter; this Arcade hack is great. I'm sorry if what I pointed out annoyed you. A series of changes made for this hack specifically related to changing colors to match the Arcade version. I just pointed out one other color change which if possible could match the Arcade just like many of Bob's other changes for this hack. I wasn't trying to be picky or come across as ungrateful, just trying to help.

-Trebor

Hi Trebor

No,you did not make me angry.I only wanted to say,that it is sometimes better to keep the things,like they are......

Because if you always try to change something in a finished work,there is always someone,who finds more things to change and it will never be done......Let us be happy,to get one more great game.

greetings Walter :)

Edited by gambler172

Currently I am waiting on Eproms and a few other parts plus unfortunately my health has been taking a crap. Thanks to everyone for being patient.

This is my first project and it's definitely a lot more in depth but in other ways a heck of a lot of fun and a learning experience. I have a lot of respect for the guys who program and who also do this stuff regularly. It's really amazing how supportive everyone has been putting up with my beginners questions and helping me with sources.

Mianrtcv, I can add you to the list but I am going to have to cut it off very soon unless I find a gold mine of carts.

If anyone wants to ship me a working NTSC Hat Trick cart to be ruthlessly murdered, dissected, and resurrected, I would be very greatful and can work something out. In fact, the more carts, the better. :twisted:

Ax was the first one to send me 3 carts and one will be returned with a new lease on life and the other 2 to people on the list. I Thank you, and I am sure that those two individuals on the list will too! :)

Are these still available?

Alright, Pre-Order is Closed and after going through this thread the final list of people is:

1. Darthkur

2. Mayhem

3. TrekMD

4. Trebor

5. gambler172

6. akator

7. HFK

8. Ax

9. FireTiger

10. FeistyGirl

11. Mimo

12. GaryH917

13. ckirkman

14. kroogur

15. Dauber

16. Mitch

17. Ransom

18. NML32

19. Lord Thag

20. nonner242

21. Propane13

22. mianrtcv

23. corbysatarigame

24. Disco Scottie

... Finis.

If I missed someone please let me know. I should have *at least* the first batch finished by this weekend so look for a PM once your cart is made.

*If you're an international member and would prefer an upgrade from the standard USPS overseas shipping please send me your address information and how you would like it shipped so I can get an exact quote.*

Thanks.