IGNORED

ARTWORK CONTEST: NTSC Atari 2600 RACER Project

Wonder007

Hello All,

I recently acquired a one-of-a-kind Atari 2600 NTSC proto called Racer. For more information, please see the following links:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=140901

and

http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread...t=129241unknown

I would like to make this game available to the public. However, to make this release as nice and worthwhile as possible, I first need to put this out for artwork on the box, instruction manual and cart.

Keep in mind this game was done around the same time as Vanguard and Crazy Climber meaning the artwork should reflect the silver label variation from Atari. Please submit your entries to me via PM; the deadline will be in two weeks, Monday (5/11/09) at midnight PDT (Sunday going into Monday). Once I get the entries, I will conduct a poll here on AtariAge for the top five pieces of artwork (according to me). The winning label will be the artwork selected and the winning artist will receive a complimentary copy of the game.

Once I get the artwork finalized, I will solicit bids for the creation of the instruction manual. After that, I will solicit bids for the carts and boxes.

I want to do this right so that is why there are so many steps involved. I want to keep costs down and just make enough $$ to pay the people involved on the project and help me pay for at least part of the costs on the acquisition of this game.

If you have any questions, please PM me. Thanks and good luck for those who participate in this contest.

Wonder007 :)

Edited by Wonder007

Please submit your entries to me via PM; the deadline will be this Monday (5/4/09) at midnight PDT (Sunday going to Monday).

I am very excited! I am no artist but only one week? your demands are too high :D

What you talking about Crazy...Im working on my third entry... :D

Yeah! 1 week will SUCK for us ppl who like doing this type of stuff but also have jobs and lives to work around too.

You should give ppl at lest 3-4 days just to find this post or get on AA.

The longer you give the more and better artwork you will receive...think about that!

Please submit your entries to me via PM; the deadline will be this Monday (5/4/09) at midnight PDT (Sunday going to Monday).

I am very excited! I am no artist but only one week? your demands are too high :D

What you talking about Crazy...Im working on my third entry... :D

Yeah! 1 week will SUCK for us ppl who like doing this type of stuff but also have jobs and lives to work around too.

You should give ppl at lest 3-4 days just to find this post or get on AA.

The longer you give the more and better artwork you will receive...think about that!

Ok, ok, I'll do another week....no problem...... :)

Will this make its way in the store or will there be a reserve list? If there's going to be a list then put me down please!!! :D

You know what, I was thinking of doing 100 limited edition copies. If I need to make more, I will do so; stand-by for the reserve list..... :)

Thanks!!! :)

Edited by Wonder007

Actually, it is probably better that I wait for the final costs for putting this together. Once I know the costs, I will put the final price with a reserve thread and you can let me know at that point if you want to purchase the game.

I do not want to make anybody commit to this game without knowing what the final cost is. :)

But, at this point, I am thinking it will be a limited series CIB release of 100 carts.... :)

The Alex Leavens argument doesn't hold water. The Atari Fuji isn't shaped the same as his two games, nor is the second A. He didn't have trouble making his logo the same on those two, why on Racer? Just thought I'd chime in :D

AX

Maybe Racer was his first project and he perfected the Atari symbol on his future releases.

Or, maybe it was done by somebody else......I guess the mystery will continue.