IGNORED

Uncle was about to throw these cartridges out

andrewe1

Hello,

Im new here but Ive visited the site on several occasions, pretty nice site btw.

I got a call from my uncle a few days ago and he told me he was getting rid of some old stuff, including all his atari games so he told me if I wanted them I could go get them.

Im an avid multiplatform gamer and somewhat of a collector, but im only 21 years old... the NES system was the first game console I remember playing, I also played the atari 2600

a lot of times but it was past its time.

Anyways, I took a bunch of pics of the cartridges...apparently some are rare, I tested them with an atari 2600 jr. I had from my brother and they all work fine, with the exception of some

cartridges that dont have a cover on the contacts, Ive had a hard time getting them to work but after jiggling them a few times they work hehe.

Here are the pics, I sorted them out by label and publisher, the first pic has the only rare ones I found.

Oh and I also got a ton of manuals hehe, I was even suprised about a game called Space Shuttle... it has those overlays that you put on the atari, and the manual is also there. I was pretty

impressed about the ability of a cartridge overriding normal atari switches for use in the game, I didn't think it was possible. Also, the games complexity blew me away, quite interesting...

P4270029.jpg

P4270030.jpg

P4270034.jpg

P4270031.jpg

P4270032.jpg

P4270033.jpg

P4270035.jpg

For some reason, these are in pretty bad shape, but they mostly work fine...

P4270036.jpg

What do you guys think?

Cheers

Edited by andrewe1

I bet everyone from McGrail to people with dying brothers have already sent lowball offers on Quadrun and Crazy Climber. :lol:

haha, no offers yet...

I don't plan on selling them right away.......I have something in mind before selling them.

Are you guys familiar with those will it blend videos? :)

nah just kidding...

Im an industrial designer with access to waterjet and laser cutters...so Im planning on designing a nice acrylic rack to put them all in and after that maybe they will all go on ebay :cool:

Ill keep you guys posted

cheers

Edited by andrewe1

LOL!!! Yep, was thinking similar and I bet people will be sending PMs quite willing to take those old cartridges off his hands.

There's also going to be one or two that say it's all a set up and fake or that he knew what it all was worth and just showing off I would guess.

Personally, I hope he keeps them and enjoys what he has as well as sharing with the younger members in his family.

I bet everyone from McGrail to people with dying brothers have already sent lowball offers on Quadrun and Crazy Climber. :lol:

The shelf you'll be making sounds really cool and I'd love to see a pic when you finish. :)

LOL! Too funny sometimes.

Thanks for the warning. I'll stick with Relenza since it works just as well, as well as hepa filters and disposable shoe coveres and scrubs. Maybe we can do a trade sometime. :P :D

I only do side deals on Tamiflu and surgical mask now. I know where the future is.

lol, fake owning atari cartridges? Thats a new one...

Like I said, I will probably keep them, ive never sold any video games, no matter how rare they are. Im a very nostalgic person, most of these remind me

of when I was little... of course the rarest ones dont, and man is quadrun boring? I didn't even bother figuring out how to play it... Crazy climber on the other hand

is a lot of fun...

The games I remember playing the most are smurf and battlezone, but like I said, i was very little and remember playing newer consoles.

Its nice to find and appreciate things like this, If I showed these games to my little ps3/360 spoiled cousins they would probably take the atari and smack me in the head with it, after calling

me a liar for tricking them into playing "videogames" lol...

Come on, we all know they are common and only worth 50 cents each. ;) :P :lolblue:

awww man... well how about you give me 5 dlls for all the rare ones.... I need to pay for shipping so I think its a good price... deal? :ponder:

I was even suprised about a game called Space Shuttle... it has those overlays that you put on the atari, and the manual is also there. I was pretty

impressed about the ability of a cartridge overriding normal atari switches for use in the game, I didn't think it was possible. Also, the games complexity blew me away, quite interesting...

Nice bunch of games!

If I'm not mistaken the function of the buttons/switches (except for power, of course) has to be programmed into the game, so the game designer can actually make the buttons do what ever they want.

If I'm not mistaken the function of the buttons/switches (except for power, of course) has to be programmed into the game, so the game designer can actually make the buttons do what ever they want.

Not exactly. Here's a link to the manual that explains the function of the console switches in relation to the game:

http://www.atariage.com/manual_page.html?S...amp;maxPages=32

This is definitely a game where you need to RTFM.

Also, if you have the overlays that came with the manual, that would be ideal. You can see them here under Instructions:

http://www.atarimania.com/detail_soft.php?...VERSION_ID=7486

My own personal preference is to play Space Shuttle on a 6 switch system.

That is a SWEET collection of games. I remember playing Mario Bros. and Dig Dug for the Atari 2600 before. If you combine your Atari games with any of your other classic systems you probably got Gaming Museum going on there. Congrats on this find. ^_^

WOW! Great find - I'm jealous.

Some rare, and MANY fun games. I'd clean em up, fire up a 2600 and enjoy.

I agree with this statement 100%.

Give Quadrun a serious try. It feels weird at first, but its a very fun game. I think so at least.

Except the ones who played me at the last high score club. <_< XD