IGNORED

O2 switchbox?

27ace27

does the odyssey 2 need a switch box? if so, do you think one w/ power supply and controllers but without a switch box for 34.99 is a good deal?

Most Odyssey 2 systems use a standard RF cord, and will therefore work with any old switchbox you might have lying around.

However, there are also some Odyssey 2s whose RF cords have the same weird proprietary plug as the Odyssey pong systems, and require a special switchbox. But, even in that scenario, it's not hard to swap out the cord internally for a standard RF cord.

Is $35 a good price for an Odyssey 2? With no games, I'd say it's actually a little on the steep side. For a bare Odyssey 2 console, I'd go no higher than $25, and it'd have to be in amazing condition and/or include the box. For $35, you should be able to find an Odyssey lot with a handful or two of cartridges.

• 10 months later...

It's been awhile, but I got it! I also got KC munchkin with it, and they threw in a switchbox. so now I have a fully operational O2! :D

Hey O2, was my first video game system I ever played. Good stuff :thumbsup:

I re-collected for the Odyssey 2 in 2006. Got an O2 for only $15 to $18.. including the shipping,

came with 4 or 5 games. The online market for O2 was DEAD.. or so it seemed...

Short time later. I also got 30 games no duplicates! For $20 something dollars (included shipping)...

great games like Atlantis, Demon Attack, Turtles and Killer Bees.

Was the easiest time I had collecting for a SYSTEM.

Grand total to this day is only a bit over $50 bucks.