IGNORED

Mad Bodies Release!

Gorf

I think there are alot of people that owe Carl an apology for bitching about the 'extremely high cost' of Total Carnage, but are here ecstatic about spending $80.

Songbird lists $89.95 for Total Carnage...

No matter: I never have complained because I figure it you can put out any kind of Jaguar game at all you're doing a lot better than I am. Under $100 for a cart-based game seems reasonable to me; all I ask is that it be fun and pack a lot of gameplay!

I can't speak for everyone, but I had nothing against Carl on the Total Carnage price tag. What I had was a problem with spending that much for a game that was already on SNES, and Arcade, just to make a greedy company a little extra profit (Midway). And, I'm guessing they got $10 per (or more) in royalties at Midway for that release. Personally I couldn't afford it when it came out, I can't recall if I bitched at the price, but it was certainly nothing against Carl F. he is a good dude. I'm happy to buy homebrew and new games I have never tried, 2 to 1, over re-released games on another platform... that said, I'm still interested in cross platform... just not -as willing- to pay "more" for it on another system. $80 is a fair price for a Jaguar new release, no matter what it is, regardless of popularity or where it came from.

AX

$80 isn't expensive. I think there are alot of people that owe Carl an apology for bitching about the 'extremely high cost' of Total Carnage, but are here ecstatic about spending $80.

Congrats on the release, I hope it's a fun game.

I did appologize about a year ago when I realized just how much these would cost.

I had no idea....it does suck though....we released Gorf at a great price due to the

CD format. Carts just cant offer that cost effectiveness. SkunkBoard would greatly

solve this issue.

The Skunkboard would solve this issue but I love having a cartridge in my collection! :D

I will use it as a development tool; but I won't release anything on it. Other than some demos!

I think the Skunkboard is a great invention but I am happy to hear this. :)

Edited by STGuy1040

FireFox allows it and for some reason I am assuming it is explorer that is not working.

"For some reason"? Does nobody read my posts? :)

I've already covered both the cause (you guys are using cookies that violate the default privacy settings of IE7+), and the cure (lower the privacy setting from Medium to Low to perform the transaction). :)

$80 isn't expensive. I think there are alot of people that owe Carl an apology for bitching about the 'extremely high cost' of Total Carnage, but are here ecstatic about spending $80.

Congrats on the release, I hope it's a fun game.

I did appologize about a year ago when I realized just how much these would cost.

I had no idea....it does suck though....we released Gorf at a great price due to the

CD format. Carts just cant offer that cost effectiveness. SkunkBoard would greatly

solve this issue.

The Skunkboard would solve this issue but I love having a cartridge in my collection! :D

I personally would rather make carts but the skunkboard is safe too.

It also allows for extensions to games. A USB setup where one could

DL add-ons to games via one of the small usb drives. Plug that sucker

in the skunk and upload the main executable. Could have merit for

games like Doom using the usb with hubs to network or even Wolf 3D

could be re-engineered to allow deathmatches.

FireFox allows it and for some reason I am assuming it is explorer that is not working.

I've already covered both the cause (you guys are using cookies that violate the default privacy settings of IE7+), and the cure (lower the privacy setting from Medium to Low to perform the transaction). :)

Actually, I use FireFox... so the problem lies somewhere else.

But whatever, I ordered directly through PayPal already, so no big deal.

--Zero

Actually, I use FireFox... so the problem lies somewhere else.

But whatever, I ordered directly through PayPal already, so no big deal.

--Zero

Cool...sorry for the troubles...thanks for the order!

Gorf.

:)

I know but do you really expect me to remember,

nevermind, go and look for that post?

;)

Edited by Gorf

I just found it through Kotaku, can't believe I missed this post... (though I don't hit the Jag section all that often.)

And the announcement was even on my birthday! :)

Anyway, in for one!

What!? Jaguar isn't 64 bit

Not sure whether you're serious or trying to be humourous here, but it's just old, really old, and not funny.

Yes, the Jaguar is 64-bit. Please go read the FAQ for the Jaguar.

What!? Jaguar isn't 64 bit

Not sure whether you're serious or trying to be humourous here, but it's just old, really old, and not funny.

Yes, the Jaguar is 64-bit. Please go read the FAQ for the Jaguar.

Wow, you hardcore Jag guys really don't have a sence of humor... Hyper just got upset with me for saying you can get VD from a Torrent... Yes, it was a joke... and so was this, PLUS I didn't bring it up (the Jaguar 32 bit thing). Is it me specifically, that you just don't want to take humor from... or is it really a lack of a funny bone around here? [rhetorical]

I bought my copy of Mad Bodies... and just because I'm not on JSII doesn't make me less of a Jag fan. I'm aware of the specs.

AX

Yes, it was a joke... I'm aware of the specs.

When you keep hearing the same 'joke' over and over for ten years, it gets a little tiresome. :|

Anyways...

Back to discussion of Mad Bodies!

Edited by ls650

Yes, but it gets tiresome, especially the whole 64=32+32 thing...

I agree with you, but it's always the same rule on Internet : for each negative comment linked to an article, don't forget you have 100 and more readers who don't think the same :)

I see there are already two posts about possible usage of the rotary controller, but no answers yet.

Hence, I am a little anxious about it. I have a ratary, too, and it would be *great* to use it on a new game.

So, Terance, k3v, Steve, Scott, give us this news!!!