IGNORED

What's the first videogame you ever played?

It was either the Pong home console my cousin had or this arcade machine with a machine gun mounted in which you shot down WWI Bi-Planes, this machine was at the old skating rink in Rainsville, Alabama back in the Disco days. Does anyone know what that game may have been?

Wp

This is the only thing I could find but it's not Bi-Places specifically:

Desert Patrol

I'm not sure if I played anything in the arcade first....but I do remember when we got the big black Pong box that hooked to the TV....I mean , wow, you can really control the things on the TV screen....Amazing. :D

It was either the Pong home console my cousin had or this arcade machine with a machine gun mounted in which you shot down WWI Bi-Planes, this machine was at the old skating rink in Rainsville, Alabama back in the Disco days. Does anyone know what that game may have been?

Wp

This is the only thing I could find but it's not Bi-Places specifically:

Desert Patrol

That looks like it!!

Of course I remember it looking much better than the screenshots show BUT I was seven or eight years old when I last played it ;)

Thanks.

Wp

I don't remember which one came first but we had a dedicated Pong unit. The type where you put several "D" batteries in the unit and the sound came from speakers in the console instead of the TV. Around the same time I also played a dedicated Breakout (although it may have been called Video Pinball) by Atari that my neighbor's uncle bought when it hit the market.

My first game was either Mario World on the SNES or Mario 1 on the NES, but I can't remember whether the NES or SNES was the first system I played. I can't remember what the first arcade game I played was. The memory of being in an arcade that stands out the most is when I was eight and my brother was six and my mom caught us playing Mortal Kombat.

Pong was my first on a dedicated Pong console at a friends house.

Space Invaders Arcade Cabinet was second. It was at the Waldbaum's Grocery Store in Brookfield, CT.

As a 7 or 8 year old, I HATED going grocery shopping with my Mom. Then Space Invaders came to the grocery store and we BEGGED to go every time. Parents shopped and kids crowded around the Space Invaders machine.

The first 2600 game I ever played was Asteroids. We got the system and Asteroids for Christmas and played straight through until Memorial Day I think.

I was at a pizza place with my family and there was a table-style pong game in the back (fake wood trim and all). It was a dime to play and after we bugged my dad for the fourth or fifth dime he came back to see what was going on. He took one look at the game and went "Pffft" that's stupid. He proclaimed it a fad that wouldn't last.

No one ever called my dad a visionary. He said Star Trek was stupid and that when a show got cancelled it never came back. He also proclaimed the PC a joke and a fad back in 1978 when I wanted to buy a TRS-80. He said that it didn't do anything useful.

Geez

• Like 1

First console game was Cosmic Avenger for the Colecovision. I was about 3. I still have the game and the system!!! :cool: The first arcade game was Moon Patrol, at a bowling alley that is long gone. I had to stand on a stool, so I must have been about 3 or 4. :lol:

Stretching a point, I'm sure but my first 'electronic gaming' experience was tic-tac-toe on a PDP-11 at an Engineering Open House at the University of Illinois circa 1969. Then, Star Trek on PLATO.

Didn't really catch the Pong craze somehow, but I was there when they turned it on it's side and added bricks for Breakout!

First home console game = Combat on the Atari VCS.

For me it's one of three VCS games that a cousin of mine had: Pac-Man, Combat, or Fantastic Voyage. My first guess would be Combat was the actual first game I played. Of the three I highly doubt it was Fantastic Voyage. Years later my cousin gave me the system still with the box and all three games. I still have everything, but I don't know which copies of Combat or Pac-Man are the ones I first played.

Edited by jeremiahjt