IGNORED

What's the first videogame you ever played?

Pong is probably the first one I played but the first arcade game I remember playing and liking was a clone of an Atari game. It was Sprint 2 by Kee Games.

The first home console game I remember liking was Spitfire for the Fairchild Channel F. My parents borrowed it from someone for a few nights. If they had other games I don't remember any of them. I didn't see a 2600 til several years after that.

Edited by HammR25

I seem to have a vague recollection of the day my parents picked up the family's 2600 - but I'm not sure if that wasn't just a day when we bought more games for the system. I do recall that Video Pinball was one of the very first games we ever got for it - but whether that was actually the first video game I ever played, or if I had bummed a quarter off my folks before then to play an arcade game, I cannot say with any real degree of certainty.

The first game I can really remember would have been Death Race 2000 in the local county fair arcade tent. I do so miss plowing over the on screen gremlins using the oversized steering wheel.

At home, the first game would been the Sears model Super Pong 4 player.

Frogger or Combat on the 2600, on a black and white TV no less. It was maybe 1986. Wish I still had that black and white. Still have the 2600 and a wicked awesome old 13 inch RCA woodgrain tv with dials to turn and antenna to fiddle with.

Space Invaders at the YMCA. I was there for swimming lessons, and so was my brother. He was in a different class, so I got to hang around for an extra 30 minutes and play space invaders. I also remember they had a "Pepsi Light" machine. It had a big lemon in the logo. Not that it's relevant to this discussion, just that it's part of my etched memory.

Well it was the stand up Star Wars arcade. I want dad to get that back sooo bad...

For a console, it was Zelda: a Link to the Past. that game blew me away the first time I played it and it remains my favorite SNES game.

See though you started with two amazing games, so wasn't life a huge disappointment thereafter?

Wow, good question. I didn't play a console game till well after the arcade machines.

I may have even played computer versions of games before any on a game console.

I think the first was that stupid gunfighter game where the wagon rolls out and back and you shoot at each other.

My class (5th grade?) had an outing to boot hill or something like that and the place we stopped to eat at had it.

At least I think that was the first.

I also played a submarine game at the same place.

If not that them it was Space War. There was one in a laundromat and my brother and I Duked it out.

Next was Space Invaders.

The very first video game I played was either arcade Galaxian, arcade Asteroids, or the Pong clone on the Magnavox Odyssey 500. We had the 500 when I was around four or five years old, and I vaguely remember seeing the Galaxian and Asteroids arcade cabinets around the same time. My memory is fuzzy beyond that, so I don't know for sure which came first.

The very first Atari 2600 game I played was Video Pinball. A friend of my mother's was showing off his brand new Atari during a visit. I still remember one of my first reactions: "Oh neat, it made the number change!"

Edited by FujiSkunk

I am not really sure... I didn't really play many games before I got my first PC. However I've some vague recollection of some exceptions, but I'm unable to put them in any order: Tetris, Pac-Man, Rick Dangerous.

The first game I cleary remember playing with my dad was Wing Commander on the Amiga 500. He controlled the joystick while I was the "co-pilot" and pressed the commands on the keyboard when he asked me to, but it was exciting as hell. Such began my love for the Wing Commander series. ;)

When I got my first PC, there were two games on it, so these were the first games I really played by my own and more than just once. Those were Sokoban and Block-Out (

). Not sure which one I played first, but I believe it was Block-Out. At least, I definitely played that a lot more, because as a kid I only could solve the first Sokoban level ;) . Edited by Herbarius

I was a pinball addict in the early 70's and my father brought home a dedicated Pong console one day and my sisters and I played for hours, every chance we got, I don't remember if my little brother played with us as he was extremely young at the time. It was mind blowing to be able to play a game right on our TV screen... how Star Trek was that?

Combat on a display VCS in a Sears store back in '77. It was actually a round of the 1-on-1 jets against my brother. We were only allowed one game, then had to let some other kids take their turn.

Edited by ls650

Well it was the stand up Star Wars arcade. I want dad to get that back sooo bad...

For a console, it was Zelda: a Link to the Past. that game blew me away the first time I played it and it remains my favorite SNES game.

See though you started with two amazing games, so wasn't life a huge disappointment thereafter?

Yep, untill I got some crappy games, like Dragon's Lair and American Gladiators for NES (I don't know where Dragon's Lair went, but its gone now) Now before I buy a game, I make sure its decent.

Its funny. Back then, I called the boulders that fall on you in Death Mountain, salad balls. they were green and didnt look like rocks to me at the time.