IGNORED

EBay - "If you only watch I'll make it more expensive!"

GroovyBee

So assuming this doesn't sell, who's going to be the first person to write to him and ask if he'll be relisting it -...

what about writing him "oh no, i missed the end of the auction! is it still for sale? please relist it so that i can bid on it" (everyone with a little different wording)

this will make him think it is really valuable and people are really super-interested :D

and we can have "If you only watch I'll make it more expensive!" PART II

:D :D :D

... or if he'll mail to the USA?

i will ask for spain as i'm here right now :D

who's asking for usa, germany, japan, australia, new zealand, brasil, argentina, mexico .... the list could be long :D

:D

Edited by jahfish

Hey, you know what would be hilarious? As soon as the auction ends, somebody HAS to email the guy a link to this thread, but only after the auction has ended!!!!!

:)

AdeptRapier

that's been mentioned before .... but it would be much more hilarious to have it relisted and start the fun all over again :D

I just asked him the following:

Hello, I live in the United States. However, I'm currently residing in Bhutan. I'm going to be here for the next eight months. That being said, how much would shipping be to Bhutan?

Thanks!

Well, I got a response Here's what he said to me.

"Having read the listing, you'll have noticed the words 'UK only', and 'don't ask me how much to ship to country x y or z'."

Naturally, I had to reply right back. Here's what I said to him.

Yes, I noticed all those letters - U, K, X, Y & Z... But I didn't know what they all stood for. I didn't see a "B." So being in Bhutan like I am, what would the shipping cost be for me?

Thanks!

Yes, I noticed all those letters - U, K, X, Y & Z... But I didn't know what they all stood for. I didn't see a "B." So being in Bhutan like I am, what would the shipping cost be for me?

Thanks!

:lolblue:

I am a non-conformist, so I am not watching. Don't see the point. I guess I could have some weird bonding experience with my fellow board members, but I am my own individual, and know I would not watch this guys thread by myself, so why would I do it just for group expectation. To tell the truth, if I was rich, and lived in Britain I would of bought this myself just for the giggles.

Edited by homerwannabee

I am a non-conformist, so I am not watching. Don't see the point. I guess I could have some weird bonding experience with my fellow board members, but I am my own individual, and know I would not watch this guys thread by myself, so why would I do it just for group expectation. To tell the truth, if I was rich, and lived in Britain I would of bought this myself just for the giggles.

OK, after thinking about it I totally sound like a douche bag in this post. Ignore it and move on.

You 'Only" sounded like a douche in that "one" post? :P LOL/JK!

Regardless of a group it sitll is a person's individual choice just like everything we do in life is our own personal choice.

I just thought it ironic since not only did you post in the thread (ie in essence conforming in a general way by your addition to it even if it is specifically a dissenting statement) but felt you had to explain your individuality. Also if this is an atari website aren't you conforming because you like atari and belong?

That's all for the moment and just was curious. :)

OK, after thinking about it I totally sound like a douche bag in this post. Ignore it and move on.

You 'Only" sounded like a douche in that "one" post? :P LOL/JK!

Regardless of a group it sitll is a person's individual choice just like everything we do in life is our own personal choice.

I just thought it ironic since not only did you post in the thread (ie in essence conforming in a general way by your addition to it even if it is specifically a dissenting statement) but felt you had to explain your individuality. Also if this is an atari website aren't you conforming because you like atari and belong?

That's all for the moment and just was curious. :)

You're right. To a certain extent we are all non-conformist, and to a certain extent we are all conformist. I made the mistake of making my statement of being a nonconformist sound like an absolute. What I meant to say is I tend to be more nonconformist than the average person, but I was lazy and just went with a one dimensional statement. My bad.

"Having read the listing, you'll have noticed the words 'UK only', and 'don't ask me how much to ship to country x y or z'."

Naturally, I had to reply right back. Here's what I said to him.

Thanks!

:D priceless.

Well, I got a response Here's what he said to me.

What about former colonies of the British Empire? Just how exactly is he defining the "United Kingdom"?

You're right. To a certain extent we are all non-conformist, and to a certain extent we are all conformist. I made the mistake of making my statement of being a nonconformist sound like an absolute. What I meant to say is I tend to be more nonconformist than the average person, but I was lazy and just went with a one dimensional statement. My bad.

Reminds me of one of my favorite movie scenes, from Life of Brian:

Brian: "You are all individuals!"

Crowd (shouting in unison): "We are all individuals."

Guy in crowd: "I'm not!"