IGNORED

EBay - "If you only watch I'll make it more expensive!"

GroovyBee

Ok, adding the auction information for archive and humor purposes later...

post-4709-1241877647_thumb.jpg

I've listed this item twice now, and both times had 'watchers' but no bids.

If this item finishes with 'watchers' but no bids this time, it will not be relisted for at least 6 months, and it will be more expensive. So, if you are interested enough in this item to 'watch' it, I suggest you bid now!

Rant over, now on with the listing.

This Atari 5200 console + extras was bought years ago from eBay. It is an American model - the UK version is rarely seen.

To play this console in the UK will require a compatible power adaptor, or a step-down transformer to convert our 230v 50Hz, to the required 110 at 60Hz, and a way of converting the NTSC video signal to PAL.

Given the above, this console is sold strictly 'as-is', with no guarantees as to working condition. It is also only open to UK bidders, so PLEASE DON'T CONTACT ME ASKING IF I'LL SHIP TO COUNTRY X, Y, OR Z.

The console is in used condition, so it has small scratches here and there, but appears to be complete. The lid of the controller storage bay is present and unbroken. This is the original model console with 4 game controller ports.

Included are the American power and TV adaptors, two of the infamous original 5200 game controllers, the Owner's Manual, and the following games:

Pac-Man (with instruction manual)

Kangaroo

Pengo

Super Breakout

Football (American football, that is)

Not pictured are a second Pac-Man cartridge, an unlabelled and unknown Parker Brothers cartridge, and the instruction manual only for Pole Position.

Postage: by Royal Mail Standard Parcels, £11.74. eBay's policy doesn't allow me to specify the exact courier service with the right price, so please wait to be invoiced before paying.

Once again: sold as-is, untested, no guarantee, only open to UK bidders, and FINAL CHANCE AT THIS PRICE.

I just asked him the following:

Hello, I live in the United States. However, I'm currently residing in Bhutan. I'm going to be here for the next eight months. That being said, how much would shipping be to Bhutan?

Thanks!

Well, I got a response Here's what he said to me.

"Having read the listing, you'll have noticed the words 'UK only', and 'don't ask me how much to ship to country x y or z'."

Naturally, I had to reply right back. Here's what I said to him.

Yes, I noticed all those letters - U, K, X, Y & Z... But I didn't know what they all stood for. I didn't see a "B." So being in Bhutan like I am, what would the shipping cost be for me?

Thanks!

Ok, I'm starting to feel like a dick for messing with him. But... oh well. There are worse ways to feel. Here's his response to me.

"UK is the United Kingdom. Also known as the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Previously known as Britain. That's where I live, and is the only country where I am sending to. X, Y, and Z stand for countries other than the UK, countries I will not ship to. This includes Bahrain. I hope that's clearer."

And of course here's my return reply.

I guess I'm confused. Now I see you're specifying Bahrain. But I'm not in Bahrain. I've never even visited there. And I've been around! I'm currently in the Republic if Bhutan. That's what I'm trying to find out - the shipping costs from Britain (where you live) to Bhutan (where I live). Can you please advise as to what the freight charges would be? I can bid right away.

Thanks!

"didn't you read the listing" was the answer i got when i asked for shipping to spain ...

of course i also had to reply:

what is problem with shipping to other country? it's just different adress you must write on box ...

i pay paypal, no problem

:D :D :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UK

The United Kingdom is a constitutional monarchy and unitary state consisting of four countries: England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.[19] It is governed by a parliamentary system with its seat of government in London, the capital, but with three devolved national administrations in Belfast, Cardiff and Edinburgh, the capitals of Northern Ireland, Wales and Scotland respectively. The Channel Island bailiwicks of Jersey and Guernsey, and the Isle of Man are Crown Dependencies and not part of the UK.[20] The UK has fourteen overseas territories,[21] all remnants of the British Empire, which at its height in 1922 encompassed almost a quarter of the world's land surface, the largest empire in history. British influence can continue to be observed in the language, culture and legal systems of many of its former colonies.
:ponder:

Hello, I live in the United States. However, I'm currently residing in Bhutan. I'm going to be here for the next eight months. That being said, how much would shipping be to Bhutan?

Thanks!

"Having read the listing, you'll have noticed the words 'UK only', and 'don't ask me how much to ship to country x y or z'."

Yes, I noticed all those letters - U, K, X, Y & Z... But I didn't know what they all stood for. I didn't see a "B." So being in Bhutan like I am, what would the shipping cost be for me?

Thanks!

Ok, I'm starting to feel like a dick for messing with him. But... oh well. There are worse ways to feel. Here's his response to me.

"UK is the United Kingdom. Also known as the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Previously known as Britain. That's where I live, and is the only country where I am sending to. X, Y, and Z stand for countries other than the UK, countries I will not ship to. This includes Bahrain. I hope that's clearer."

And of course here's my return reply.

I guess I'm confused. Now I see you're specifying Bahrain. But I'm not in Bahrain. I've never even visited there. And I've been around! I'm currently in the Republic if Bhutan. That's what I'm trying to find out - the shipping costs from Britain (where you live) to Bhutan (where I live). Can you please advise as to what the freight charges would be? I can bid right away.

Thanks!

He seems to be a friendly person just not wanting to ship outside the UK. I think the Atari 5200 doesn't care beeing shipped outside the UK. Money also doesn't care to what country it goes. Maybe the seller doesn't want to lower the amount of 5200's in UK :D.

Thanks!

Thanks!

That's too damn funny.

AdeptRapier

:)

Watching with guest as well... HAHAHAHA! :)

BTW, if anyone's interested, if you sign out of your Ebay account, then "watch" this item, it registers as a "guest watching."

So if someone were really motivated, they could greatly add to the total of watchers.

So assuming this doesn't sell, who's going to be the first person to write to him and ask if he'll be relisting it - or if he'll mail to the USA?

"didn't you read the listing" was the answer i got when i asked for shipping to spain ...

of course i also had to reply:

what is problem with shipping to other country? it's just different adress you must write on box ...

i pay paypal, no problem

:D :D :D

:rolling:

I have family in Ukraine. Technically that's UK although it's usually abbreviated UKR. :)

I do think we are messing with him enough though and he seems to be a fairly good sport about it. There are plenty of auctions on there like his. I think we need a new victim. :D

Yeah, his last reply to me was a little more friendly. So I feel a little bit bad now. But whatever. I'll get over it. It's still a good practical joke.