IGNORED

NES Zapper on the SNES?

Is it possible for the Zapper to work as a Super Scope 6 on the Super Nintendo Entertainment System?

There is no Zapper for the Retro Duo so I was wondering if a NES controller port to SNES conversion would do the trick...

Basically I was wanna plug this:

News5_0.jpg

Into this:

retro-duo-2.jpg

I heard that the Super Scope works as a Zapper on the Retro Duo so if that's the case I'll just buy one of those.

Edited by GOTHCLAWZ

I think the Zapper and Super scope actually work differently (I'm sure someone will tell me I'm wrong)

I'm sur it wouldn'tbe hard to gut a super scope and put it in a Zapper footprint though. Calibrateing it would be a pain in the arse, but that's only a little time.

Come to think of it, the Super scope was wireless, a wireless zapper would be cool!

the zapper was a traditional light gun, pull trigger and the TV goes black except where the target is, that turns white, and the zapper looks for that white section to register a hit or miss.

the superscope had a sensor that plugged in the controller port of the snes, and it sat on top of the TV. i think the sensor was IR, i'm not 100% on that part. but the sensor acted with the superscope to do it's work. perhaps it was like the wii-remotes and the wii sensor bar.

hope that helps.

Edited by brak

I think the Zapper and Super scope actually work differently (I'm sure someone will tell me I'm wrong)

I'm sur it wouldn'tbe hard to gut a super scope and put it in a Zapper footprint though. Calibrateing it would be a pain in the arse, but that's only a little time.

Come to think of it, the Super scope was wireless, a wireless zapper would be cool!

Yeah, well, there would be slow response using the old wireless technology.

the zapper was a traditional light gun, pull trigger and the TV goes black except where the target is, that turns white, and the zapper looks for that white section to register a hit or miss.

Yeah.

the superscope had a sensor that plugged in the controller port of the snes, and it sat on top of the TV. i think the sensor was IR, i'm not 100% on that part. but the sensor acted with the superscope to do it's work. perhaps it was like the wii-remotes and the wii sensor bar.

hope that helps.

Sounds impossible.