IGNORED

UPDATE! of UPDATE Looks like i have been suckered again!

Atarimania75

when i first read this story it sounded like he confused he your address with another persons.sometimes people mess up and try their best to fix it.but this guy is going waaaayyyy out of his way to screw you and other people.

sending an empty binder? :x :x :x :x :x :x what an asshole

Edited by revolutionika

I completely agree. Take the package to your nearest post office to show them that the guy has been harassing you and report it to his local police. I'm sorry it's such a pain but people like this should not be allowed to practice business.

this just keeps getting crazier, now he replied from another ebay account calling me an asshole...........and threatening to report me for harrassing him about the cards! :roll: It was a reply to my email about him sending the phony package to me.

he has two ebay accounts and is calling you names through the ebay mail system? tomorrow morning just call ebay on the phone and report this. forward the e-mails, they have very strict rules about harassment, provided it is done through their mail system.

About 3 weeks ago i purchased a big lot of garbage pail kids for a buy it now of $60 and i paid and 2 days ago still no cards so i sent the seller a message asking if they had a tracking number. What didn't make sense to me right from the get go was that they emailed me yesterday saying that they looked and the cards were delivered but they would look for the tracking number (first thought is how did they check if now they have to look for the tracking number that i am asking for) only was is if they checked a few days after they sent but i don't do that myself unless a problem arises. So today i message them again asking if they found the tracking yet now i get a message back first with a tracking number, then a message from them that goes like this :

Hi, you should have recieved these by now! Let me check the confirmation again! Please let me know asap when you get these! I had a problem last week with a guy sating he didnt the item I sent! I know these are hard times But we still have to be honest. Thanks and god bless!

After reading this i checked on the confirmation they did send me and it was for a packaged delivered to Indiana and i live in Pennsylvania!

Bummer of a thread. Hope it all works out. Do you have link to the auction? I am wondering how it compares to some of the seller's other listings where buyers seem less than thrilled.

"Sellers with one or more DSR below 4.1 may be restricted from listing until their DSRs improve."

If you can't sell how do they improve?

"This average is based on ratings from the past 30 days unless a seller has less than 10 DSRs for that period. In this case, eBay will evaluate DSRs over the past 12 months instead."

Basically this is a way for eBay to suspend you from selling for 30 days (or 12 months). "Bad" sellers have to wait until their low DSRs expire and the ratings levels go back up.

when i first read this story it sounded like he confused he your address with another persons.sometimes people mess up and try their best to fix it.but this guy is going waaaayyyy out of his way to screw you and other people.

sending an empty binder? :x :x :x :x :x :x what an asshole

Pretty funny statement coming from you Jon... or do you not remember your anti-social and rather sophomoric ebay activities last year when you sold me some Atari 7800 stuff and I had to hunt you down in other forums and file a paypal complaint just to get you to finally send it?? And while you did finally make good, you pretty much did to me and a couple other people at the time almost exactly what happened to the thread author here.

"Sellers with one or more DSR below 4.1 may be restricted from listing until their DSRs improve."

If you can't sell how do they improve?

"This average is based on ratings from the past 30 days unless a seller has less than 10 DSRs for that period. In this case, eBay will evaluate DSRs over the past 12 months instead."

Basically this is a way for eBay to suspend you from selling for 30 days (or 12 months). "Bad" sellers have to wait until their low DSRs expire and the ratings levels go back up.

I think 4.1 is a bit strict. I have a 5.0 seller rating though so I guess I don't care too much ;)

The whole system is very inflated, because most people leave 5 stars pretty much automatically. So you have to be a major screwup to get down to 4.1.

If buyers didn't give 5 stars away so easily, then of course eBay would recalibrate the minimums.

The empty box thing is a nasty scam. When the seller obviously has terrible feedback, they ought to give the buyer benefit of the doubt, but I don't trust them to use sensible judgment I'm afraid.

Just make a claim with paypal before the 30 days or up.

My info might be out of date, but I think there's a good reason to file before 21 days rather than waiting for 30:

Some sellers, and likely this loser, can have their money held in escrow by Paypal. They release the money after either 21 days or positive feedback, whichever comes first. Filing before 21 days keeps Paypal from releasing the money, so you will be able to recover it if you win the case.

I don't think you have to escalate to a claim, just filing a dispute is enough to keep the money from getting released until the dispute is resolved.

I don't have first hand experience with that scenario so I might be wrong about the details.

I have sent the phony filler item back with signature confirmation, and answered the paypal request on the tracking. Seller has now done something even more ridiculous and filed a payment not received on me :roll: paypal has it in the records my payment was completed on april 25th. This guy has been such a joy to deal with! :x