IGNORED

No Intellivision coming to DSi Ware

Rev

It's a bummer, but it makes sense that Nintendo would want a clear distinction between Virtual Console releases and DSi/Wii Ware titles. I imagine they would have no problem with an Intellivision compilation provided that the games were not being emulated -- similar to the Game & Watch series on Game Boy or Adventure Island: The Beginning on Wii Ware.

There's goes Nintendo again, shooting themselves in the foot and INVITING what they view as "piracy" by ignoring this software in an official way... sheesh

perhaps Keith will release the emulator on the side for homebrew use?? hmmm

it's coming out on the IPOD Touch which is fine with me :)

but it would have been pretty cool on the DS with the dual screen

link

:( oh well,it really should come to wii VC instead.

lol

Just buy Intellivision Lives for the GameCube if you want a Intellivision compilation that controls horribly. The entire point of this thing was the DS's lower touch screen finally allowing a proper Intellivision compilation to exist where the games play like they were meant too rather than the disaster that was Intellivision Lives on last generation consoles. I'm shocked someone would want a repeat of that on the Wii.

This is just a rehash of a article that was on IGN a few days ago, but rules were meant to be broken and I predict this one will see a change, especially if a few more sites continue to pick up on the story.

I think this will make it out. Glad to see they're still fighting and the project isn't dead like I had presumed from the silence for so long.

Edited by Atariboy

It would be nice to see it released on DSi Ware, but I think they're going to have to enhance it a bit to do so. I could see Nintendo suggesting they have "alternate" versions of the included games with refreshed artwork so that the package would not seem like a bundle of VC-esque games.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but INTV saw no release on Wii either, right?

Of course it makes sense really, X-box was OK, but it showed in a few games just how hard it is to pull off a 16 directional controller and a numpad on even the best of modern controllers.

If someone makes a new compilation, we need an INTV controller to go with it (though with the 360/PS3 keypads for controllers, maybe that's a possibility?)