IGNORED

Repairing A/V modded Famicom.

NightSprinter

So, here's what's happened: A friend gave me an A/V modded original Famicom he got off eBay to do some touch-ups on the mod (he's not too good with a soldering iron), and by accident I plugged in my Atari 810's power supply into the system and caused the LM7805 voltage regulator to explode. I bought a replacement from Radio Shack that I believe is compatible, and replaced the regulator. However, just testing the audio results in nothing but buzzing from the system (and I need to get a new A/V block as well, as the original modder flat-out removed the RF switch).

What can I do to get this back to working condition? I honestly don't want to toss the system in the garbage.

So, here's what's happened: A friend gave me an A/V modded original Famicom he got off eBay to do some touch-ups on the mod (he's not too good with a soldering iron), and by accident I plugged in my Atari 810's power supply into the system and caused the LM7805 voltage regulator to explode. I bought a replacement from Radio Shack that I believe is compatible, and replaced the regulator. However, just testing the audio results in nothing but buzzing from the system (and I need to get a new A/V block as well, as the original modder flat-out removed the RF switch).

What can I do to get this back to working condition? I honestly don't want to toss the system in the garbage.

Ouch.

I'm not familiar with the Famicom schematic. Did you blow any electrolytic caps near the LM7805? Do you have 5v coming out of the LM7805 and into the proper chips?

I wouldn't toss it, if all else fails maybe you can get some spare parts out of it.

• 4 weeks later...