IGNORED

So who actually has beaten Kasumi Ninja?

Ite

I have on all diffs except the very hardest one. My strategy is jump kicks and low kicks, win almost every time. Also who has seen the true form of the end boss? Lot of people say this game is hard but I beg to differ.

I can easily beat it any difficulty. The key is to get Chagi first thing. He has AWESOME jump kicks. Then, jump kick EVERYONE BUT Lord Gyaku. He will tear you up. You can beat him with the proper strategy...believe it or not low punches usually work!

Here are some videos I made:

Lord Gyaku

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYVhxUHHhGE

Demon Gyaku

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eG7nBzI70IY

Both of these are on Ninja God difficulty!!!

I beat it once, it's not so much hard, as unresponsive, every controll is delayed slightly, and that adds an artificial difficulty IMO.

Since then, I havven't really given enough of a crap to play it any more, much less beat it.

Now my friend Wurd, he kicks ASS on that game. Of course, it's been years since he played it either (I actually got his copy) Unfortunately, the savve died, so I'll probably never play it again.

Yeah, that boss dude was cool (cheap ass juggling mother fucker, but cool none the less)

I tried to like Kasumi Ninja. Fighting games aren't one of my favorite genres in the first place though, so unless a fighting game totally rocks, like Street Fighter II or Alpha, then I have a hard time enjoying it... Kasumi Ninja? ...bleh. ;)

Well I would agree that Kasumi Ninja is not a fantastic fighting game. But I didn't care when I was playing it. It was the only fighting game I had on the Jag so I played it a lot. I got Ultra Vortek later and there is really no question that it is a much better game.

I like the Jaguar controlers, I think that they are comfatable to hold.

I didn't say that controller was bad. I said the game controls lag. Meaning the input is not instantly reflected on the screen. This isn't due to the Jag. It is due to the game itself.

• 11 years later...

I get to join the list! Beat Hard and Ninja God modes today, getting the best ending in both (i.e. by beating Gyaku's second form).

Sayton's videos seem to be gone, but the advice in post #8 was helpful, and Chagi is definitely the character to use. His jump kicks have great reach and shred the AI pretty much every time. I alternated between neutral jump kicks and jump-kicking forward, and that worked well to suffocate the opponent completely.

Alaric would occasionally try to counter, but if you trapped him in a corner, he was too slow to break out. Danja can teleport away, but as long as you don't walk into her projectiles she has little else to fight back with.

To earn Chagi in the first place, I found the ninja's crouching kick -- the name doesn't name it specifically, but you press Down+Away to do it -- was the key to defeating him, as it's an effective counter to the jump kick (as long as you get the timing right) and Chagi would jump into it over and over again. Or he might get caught in an infinite loop of spamming projectiles, which was just fine if I was up on health, since I could just crouch down and run out the clock.

For Gyaku's first form, a combination of jump kicks and crouching kicks did the trick for me, though jump kicks were risky as his fireball was an effective counter. He had a special move with a flurry of kicks that I couldn't counter with a crouching kick; I should've tried a punch. Like Chagi, he'd sometimes get caught in an endless loop of teleporting on either side of me, which let me run out the clock. His second form was easy to overwhelm with jump kicks.

Silly game, by the way. The special moves end up being pointless, the limited-continue thing is a cheap tactic to conceal the extremely limited content, while the controls are laggy and don't respond to a lot of standard input timings. I often found myself pounding the kick button and getting nothing, because I needed to kick within a split-second of jumping or crouching or it wasn't going to happen. In a weird way it reminds me of Spelunker, where if you're trying to jump from a ladder or rope, you have to press the jump button a split-second after the move button or your character will walk off the rope and die.

Oh well. At least the ending screen for Ninja God difficulty was fun, and pleasantly complimentary.

• Like 1

I beat the game on the hardest difficulty setting the first day I had it. It's quite easy to do. In fact, the only AI character that ever gave me any kind of a challenge was Alaric. Everyone else was quite easy to beat.

I play it and beat it on Ninja God quite often,  I use Senzo,  well timed low kicks and for gyaku's true form,  jumpkick and roundhouse- well timed.   I actually like this game better than Ultra Vortek, for 1player.    Nobody seems to notice Ultra Vortek is broken,  if you use Lucius and use his "hawk or Eagle" attack, you can spam through the whole game on any difficulty.   Also the cheese factor of Kasumi Ninja is awesome, I'm pretty sure the creators knew this was a damn silly game when they made it.