IGNORED

INQUIRY: CALLING FOR BIDS- Atari 2600 Racer- Video Game Production

Wonder007

Hello All,

OK, we are now at the next step. I need to mass produce Racer. It is an 8K game. The artwork that is going to be used is the following:

post-6286-1242650294.jpg

I need price quotes for the following items:

1) Cart production (50 to 100, depending on need; remember that I need the labels on them as well)

2) Instruction manual (5o to 100, again using the artwork from above; I also need you to do the write-up on the game and how to play it, Atari 2600 silver label style)

3) Box (25 to 50, again depending on need)

Note: You can do separate bids or one package bids; all I ask is that you describe what you will be doing so that we can both be on the same page. ;)

Once I receive your bid(s), I will contact the winning bidders and give you the information and data you need to complete the project. I will do preorders with the public once I know the price because I want the public to know how much this game is going to cost. As I mentioned in another thread, I think we are going to stick with two options.....1) Cart only and 2) CIB's.

If you have any questions, please PM me. All bids are due to me by this Sunday night (going into Monday), May 25, 2009.

Thank you!!!! :)

Wonder007

Hello All,

OK, we are now at the next step. I need to mass produce Racer. It is an 8K game. The artwork that is going to be used is the following:

post-6286-1242650294.jpg

1) Cart production (50 to 100, depending on need; remember that I need the labels on them as well)

2) Instruction manual (5o to 100, again using the artwork from above; I also need you to do the write-up on the game and how to play it, Atari 2600 silver label style)

Note: You can do separate bids or one package bids; all I ask is that you describe what you will be doing so that we can both be on the same page. ;)

Once I receive your bid(s), I will contact the winning bidders and give you the information and data you need to complete the project. I will do preorders with the public once I know the price because I want the public to know how much this game is going to cost. As I mentioned in another thread, I think we are going to stick with two options.....1) Cart only and 2) CIB's.

If you have any questions, please PM me. All bids are due to me by this Sunday night (going into Monday), May 25, 2009.

Wonder007

Cool. A new game.

May I suggest having two versions, one cart and instructions and one CIB. Instructions are pretty cool, especially when they are well done and have a logical story with them.

I only one done one cartridge release, but since I am not doing anything maybe I will put in a bid on cartridges.

There is a difference in terms of quality. I wouldn't base your decision on who to go with based on price alone.

Al, CPUWIZ and Steve (Classics) all do quality work. I am sure that there are others who make games but those are three that I would recommend.

I would have to agree with what is said above quality is an extremely important issue for a release this size. If I put in a bid for this job, I would buy boards from someone here and have a professional printer make the labels. My work would be mostly soldering, cleaning carts and assembly.

There is a difference in terms of quality. I wouldn't base your decision on who to go with based on price alone.

Al, CPUWIZ and Steve (Classics) all do quality work. I am sure that there are others who make games but those are three that I would recommend.

I concur....quality is VERY important and the people mentioned definitely create WONDERful stuff. :)

Hello All,

post-6286-1242650294.jpg

Wonder007

Just curious why you're going with a silver box when Roklan was pretty consistent in their box design throughout their existence? It just seems like it would be pretty easy to do a blue box as an homage to what the original release art may have looked like.

Shawn Sr. and PacManPlus also make amazing quality stuff and so do I for that matter (which some of you will find out). I would absolutely LOVE to make a bid for your game (at least the cart) but I am still waiting for parts for Ms. Pac-Man so I can finish that up. Things are going much slower then planned for that. :(

Hello All,

post-6286-1242650294.jpg

Wonder007

Just curious why you're going with a silver box when Roklan was pretty consistent in their box design throughout their existence? It just seems like it would be pretty easy to do a blue box as an homage to what the original release art may have looked like.

All of Roklan's games on the Atari 2600 were released under the Atari label. Roklan was a third party developer and, as I mentioned, they did other games for the 2600 (ie. Crazy Climber, Vanguard and others I believe).

Hello All,

Just a reminder, when submitting a bid, please let me know what you propose to do as well. Some of you have sent in bids but no description. I advise you to put a description or your submission will be rejected.

If you have any additional questions, please PM me ASAP. :)

Thanks!!!! :)

Wonder007

Shawn Sr. and PacManPlus also make amazing quality stuff and so do I for that matter (which some of you will find out). I would absolutely LOVE to make a bid for your game (at least the cart) but I am still waiting for parts for Ms. Pac-Man so I can finish that up. Things are going much slower then planned for that. :(

I can definitely say Shawn Sr. makes quality carts. I can not wait to get my first cart from PacManPlus (hopefully production is getting ready to resume?) and really looking forward to getting a 'MILF' (Chickybaby) cart. Pac Jr. looks awesome but I always had more of a thing for Ms. back in the day.

CPUWIZ does awesome work too, we are truly lucky to have so many talented people contributing to the Atari community. I'm sure this will be another great project.

I just want to say thank you to all the people working on all the various projects, you are all great. Being able to get some games I'll probably never be able to own is just great, being able to get new games is just awesome.

Thank you for putting this into production Wonder007. Looking forward to it. :)

post-6286-1242650294.jpg

Not to bust your bubble but I don't think the picture matches the box at all. A silver box with a vintage pic just looks weird to me. Silver boxes always had modern graphics on them. Put it in a rainbow box and then it would look perfect. :cool:

I totally agree.

Something like this:

http://www.atarimania.com/zoom_frame.php?T...amp;NUM_IMAGE=1

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

post-6286-1242650294.jpg

Not to bust your bubble but I don't think the picture matches the box at all. A silver box with a vintage pic just looks weird to me. Silver boxes always had modern graphics on them. Put it in a rainbow box and then it would look perfect. :cool:

I totally agree.

Something like this:

http://www.atarimania.com/zoom_frame.php?T...amp;NUM_IMAGE=1

8)

... and it would be easier/cheaper to produce a normal colored box as well ...