IGNORED

take a look at this, weird stuff

Z80GUY

Anything that puts the screws to Gamestop is great.

Given that it IS Wal-Mart, they'd likely be dirt cheap-- putting the screws indeed!

I still can't figure out how GameStop stays in business, anyway. They've got tons of competition, their stock isn't much better than my local Best Buy, and their prices are plain dumb. They're usually in expensive mall real estate and never seem to be very busy.

Not really sure what to think of this news. I don't care too much for walmart these days, and this makes me question "what the heck..?"

I've got no great love for Wal-Mart, but if anyone needs a cold dose of economic reality, it's GameStop. Also, this kind of reminds me of the 90s, when every grocery store suddenly HAD to get into the movie rental biz... that was a WTF moment too...

competition is always a good thing for the consumer. And even if a few gamestops go under--just think of the sales.

It's probably not really going to hurt any of the locally owned stores. People who shop there are going to keep shopping there, and since gamestop hasn't killed them yet they probably make much of their money selling older games. No, I think gamestop is about the only entity that has to worry. It's really hard for me to feel sorry for them.

My two closest gamestops are in small plazas in the parking lot of walmart stores. Sure I'll keep going to both, because I'm a nut, but how many people will now skip the mandatory gamestop visit?

Edited by Reaperman

WHAT?!?! If that turns out to be even remotely true, I will fully unload my intestinal tract into my pants.

Ok...maybe not, and that was a bit disturbing :lol: But seriously....USED games at walmart? Hell, I regularly go buy new games there for $5-$30, what are they going to do to top that?

well I hope they actually get out of the "let's try it and see phase" to doing it at all walmarts :), I would rather buy a used game at a reasonable price from a machine than game stop anyways.

just seems strange that walmart would suddenly try this type of thing guess they wanna branch out a little, either that or they wanna become the Martha Stewart of Retailers. :)

Z80guy