IGNORED

Kirby 2600

atari2600land

If you've read my blog yesterday, you've noticed that I've been working on a Kirby game. This is the page for its updates. I'm going to change the name of the game as well as the color of the character when I'm done to differentiate it from Kirby when I'm finished, but I'm leaving it alone for now. All I have left for 4k is a title screen song and then it will be moved to 8k. Good thing I now have the main in-level engine mostly done. I've added some in-game music for the first level which has 3 screens so far.

kirby.bas.bin

kirby.bas

Today's daily update. I had to make it 16k, but only less than half of that is used so far. I'd like to make this a 64k cart, but bB won't let me, so until it does I can only make it 32k. Well, anyway, there's 8 screens now, with the 8th repeating over and over again. There's now death (so falling down a hole will mean you'll die and can't walk in the clouds any more.) I've added an instruction pdf document with this zip file, which also has the binary and bB file.

kirby052209.zip

I added something major: Kirby can fly, just like in the NES version! To make him do this, press up while you're jumping up. Kirby will then turn into a ball-like creature, and keep him aloft by pressing up continuously. When you want to land, press down until you hit a ledge or the ground. Also, the game now has 11 screens, the eleventh one just repeats over and over for now.

kirby052309.zip