IGNORED

WANTED: Sega Neptune

GOTHCLAWZ

I don't know about actual prototypes (I believe the one in that pic was debunked as Neptunes allegedly never hit prototype phase) however I know lots of people have been making them of late. Couple nice modding lads at digital press had some.

Are they selling?

I don't think any of the Sega Neptune prototypes even had any hardware in them. They were just shells and I only think 3 exist. I know they had one at the Classic Gaming Expo '07.

Also if you plan on buying one of the modded Genesis 2s that play 32X games be prepared to pay. Much cheaper to just buy a 32X probably. However, if you got the cash it would be cool to have one.

Edited by StoneAgeGamer

I plan to make a few of these actually, if you aren't in a huge hurry just watch the Marketplace threads eventually I'll put some up. They will be the hombrew kind like Longhorn made.

AX

And one of those is for me RIGHT?

I cant wait to see what you do AX! :D

Well I think I have what I'd need for about 10 right now. I could easily do the 32x in a Genesis 2. I'd like to see how it looks in a Genesis 1, and maybe try it with a CD drive in a Saturn shell. If at least 10 people wanted one and were willing to pay $200 - $300 It would certainly be worthy of dedicated attention for a few weeks to a month. A) I'd have to clear the schedual, and B) get a few prototypes going. I can't promise disc drives and a Saturn shell until I work on prototypes, but that would put them in the $300 range. If it were possible, I could always offer them both ways. Keep in mind this is a talking stage, and it could be months before I have a prototype model to show off and sell from. I have a couple smaller projects going that should be done by July. Time and money...

AX

Well I think I have what I'd need for about 10 right now. I could easily do the 32x in a Genesis 2. I'd like to see how it looks in a Genesis 1, and maybe try it with a CD drive in a Saturn shell. If at least 10 people wanted one and were willing to pay $200 - $300 It would certainly be worthy of dedicated attention for a few weeks to a month. A) I'd have to clear the schedual, and B) get a few prototypes going. I can't promise disc drives and a Saturn shell until I work on prototypes, but that would put them in the $300 range. If it were possible, I could always offer them both ways. Keep in mind this is a talking stage, and it could be months before I have a prototype model to show off and sell from. I have a couple smaller projects going that should be done by July. Time and money...

AX

Would you take £50 and the rare Sega Mc Donald's toys?

The whole point in this case, is that they are/would be. :)

No development... use old parts, combine them, make them look good... sounds easy, but it is time consuming.

AX

Ah, I couldn't sacrifice any of my consoles unless they were being made into something greater.

BTW Ax, thanks for the sacrificial carts. ;)

No development... use old parts, combine them, make them look good... sounds easy, but it is time consuming.

AX

Ah, I couldn't sacrifice any of my consoles unless they were being made into something greater.

Well I have everything I'd need, so just wait and see what comes of it ;)

AX

Edited by the.golden.ax

AX

Sounds awesome. Do you think you could fit a 32X into an X'Eye by any chance?

AX

Sounds awesome. Do you think you could fit a 32X into an X'Eye by any chance?

I dont think there is enough room for both boards on the X'Eye...The Gen model 2 is a perfect setup for a neptune..I still want a ALL in one the size of my CDX, but that will never happen. I can dream. My buddies neptune is in a modded NeoGeo AES case...its big and beautiful!