IGNORED

Rom Hunter's V5 Old Era Collection Now Online

Rom Hunter

Atarimania now counts 7500 VCS game entries!

To celebrate this, the latest version of my ROMs collection is now available for download online:

http://www.atarimania.com/roms-MENU-2.html

Updated to 1801 ROMs.

Many ROMs added and renamed.

All original versions can now be found by searching for the ~ symbol.

Alternate versions can be found be searching for a [ symbol.

Enjoy.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter
  • Like 2

:D Thank You ROM! :cool: - your 2600 rom sets are the best -I know it was a lot of work, but it is much appreciated.

An OCD :P question for you, for myself:

Many ROMs added and renamed.

I know ROMS have been added/and or renamed here to archive #5. But, are there any actual deleted binaries(however different) that were in Vers. #4 that are NOT present or have been omitted here in vers. #5??

(I can't find my rom version #4 right now and want to know if I am missing any. :P)

Edited by ovalbugmann

Nope.

Too much minor changes to keep track of.

Some ROMs were deleted, some were replaced, some were renamed.

Please follow my advice written in the .txt file that's included:

To keep your own added ROMs in a seperate map and to fully replace the old V4 set with the V5 one.

8)

Is there a similar list of all homebrews that have been OK'd by the authors to use via emulation?

I've been working on one, should have been done already earlier this year. But it's still not finished yet, whenever i think i'm done i stumble over some new ROMs i have to add. :x

I'll also have to check everything again for proper naming, latest versions and kick out a few more ROMs not allowed for release by the authors... I might finish it later this year, am busy with something else at the moment...

Is there a similar list of all homebrews that have been OK'd by the authors to use via emulation?

I've been working on one, should have been done already earlier this year. But it's still not finished yet, whenever i think i'm done i stumble over some new ROMs i have to add. :x

I'll also have to check everything again for proper naming, latest versions and kick out a few more ROMs not allowed for release by the authors... I might finish it later this year, am busy with something else at the moment...

I have a bunch of WIP ROMs I never posted, PM me if you want them :)

Thanks, these are always great.

When are you going to start tracking post 1992 ROMS? :D

I did for many years.

Then Impaler_26 took over that job.

Please ask him for the latest update on the 1992 - 2009 VCS ROM set.

Nathan, I worked with seperate maps once, but I encountered troubles while trying to cross-link-search certain titles in emulation (I always use the X26 frontend search machine with AND and OR commands).

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks once again for putting this all together - the extra ~ marker is a great help in picking out Originals. I'm currently working on One 4k Multicart to Rule Them All and ran across some of these which I think should have a tilde but don't. You may want to tack one on for a hypothetical V6.

Air Raid (Men-A-Vision) (PAL).bin
Air Raiders (Air Battle) (1982) (M Network, Larry Zwick - INTV) (MT5861).bin
Atlantis (Lost City of Atlantis) (1982) (Imagic, Dennis Koble) (720103-1A, 720103-1B, IA3203, IX-010-04).bin
Atlantis II (1982) (Imagic, Dennis Koble) (720103-1A, IA3203).bin
Pepsi Invaders - Coke Wins (Coca-Cola, Coke & Pepsi) (1983) (Atari, Richard Maurer, Christopher H. Omarzu - Coca Cola).bin

Thanks once again for putting this all together - the extra ~ marker is a great help in picking out Originals. I'm currently working on One 4k Multicart to Rule Them All and ran across some of these which I think should have a tilde but don't. You may want to tack one on for a hypothetical V6.

Atlantis (Lost City of Atlantis) (1982) (Imagic, Dennis Koble) (720103-1A, 720103-1B, IA3203, IX-010-04).bin
Pepsi Invaders - Coke Wins (Coca-Cola, Coke & Pepsi) (1983) (Atari, Richard Maurer, Christopher H. Omarzu - Coca Cola).bin

Thanks for the corrections, hornpipe.

I will correct Air Raiders and Atlantis (I just can't believe I forgot that one).

Atlantis II is an official hack of Atlantis.

Air Raid is an (un)official 'hack' of Space Jockey.

And Pepsi Invaders is an official hack of Space Invaders.

Therefore no true originals, IMO.

8)

• 5 months later...

Thanks for the corrections, hornpipe.

I will correct Air Raiders and Atlantis (I just can't believe I forgot that one).

Atlantis II is an official hack of Atlantis.

Air Raid is an (un)official 'hack' of Space Jockey.

And Pepsi Invaders is an official hack of Space Invaders.

Therefore no true originals, IMO.

8)

Hey wait, I just tried Air Raid and it's not (very much) at all like Space Jockey...? How is this a hack?