IGNORED

Reboot - A new Atari group is born!

promethea

"Reboot" is a new group consiting of four individuals, coming together to create new software for the Atari Jaguar, ST and Falcon.

We have loads of enthusiasm, and lots of project ideas for future titles, so please stay tuned into our website.

For starters, we have a preview video of our upcoming Jaguar game. The footage was shot roughly 3 days into development, so we expect it to improve vastly

(especially when our artist gets to work on it!)

Once completed we will be releasing full source code, and also hopefully porting it to the Falcon and then the Atari ST.

Please, come and visit our site. Many thanks to atari.org for the domain registration, and to D-Bug for kindly donating us web hosting.

"Reboot" is a new group consiting of four individuals, coming together to create new software for the Atari Jaguar, ST and Falcon.

We have loads of enthusiasm, and lots of project ideas for future titles, so please stay tuned into our website.

For starters, we have a preview video of our upcoming Jaguar game. The footage was shot roughly 3 days into development, so we expect it to improve vastly

Once completed we will be releasing full source code, and also hopefully porting it to the Falcon and then the Atari ST.

Please, come and visit our site. Many thanks to atari.org for the domain registration, and to D-Bug for kindly donating us web hosting.

It's great to see someone making good use of the Skunkboard.

By the way, you shouldn't need DOSBox any more as long as you have Windows XP, because belboz posted an updated toolset that works with it! :D

Nice!

Its looking really good so far! :thumbsup:

Always nice to see new stuff on the Jag!

As vi mentioned I have a new C compiler that works with 2000/XP/Vista. I include SubQ's smac and sln also. Assuming your project is compatible with smac you could possibly build your project without the need for dosbox.

From your website it looks like your first project is purely assembly, so if smac is compatible with your project, you should be good to go. If sln poses a problem I also have vlink which is a pretty robust linker too.

As vi mentioned I have a new C compiler that works with 2000/XP/Vista. I include SubQ's smac and sln also. Assuming your project is compatible with smac you could possibly build your project without the need for dosbox.

Yep I tried to tell that to Morden, but he's too "if it works, leave it be" :). So far I have successfully assembled all the tapper versions he sent me. I guess it'll take this project to finish to convince him of the robustness of smac/sln :)

(oh, and we don't do C too much, we prefer raw asm ;))

I'm still into the Jaguar!, and this new development group is great!! - If you guys are using ASM then your stuff should rock! -looking forward to it. :cool:

Jaguar is tougher and more of a challenge to code for, I am sure, but it is the most powerful Atari system. :D

Edited by ovalbugmann

those are the lines I get on my TV with the Skunkboard use- see it on their TV screen in the video?

You mean the slightly diagonal rainbow artifacting?

post-8320-1243189602_thumb.jpg

I think it looks like interference from the exposed Skunk against the video cable. Try switching to a video cable with better shielding and see if that helps.

Edited by ls650

Yes, the slightly diagonal lines. OK Thanks!, I am using a Jaguar S-video cable right now but I will switch to a Catbox with good shielded S-video and audio cables. That sounds good to try because Tursi said there are no video components on the Skunk.

:)

Edited by ovalbugmann

Not collecting for the Jaguar anymore but wow! Tapper on the Jag that is quite cool. :cool:

Well, we'll not be releasing in cart form. We encourage people to use BJL/Skunkboard/etc solutions to use our Jaguar releases. (notice that we will release stuff on the 16/32 platform too ;))

Tapper on the Jaguar... very good!

So how does one join this group?

We're not searching for members atm...

I am using a Jaguar S-video cable right now but I will switch to a Catbox with good shielded S-video and audio cables.

Well, it could be any source of electrical interference if the cable is not that well-shielded. Maybe you have the video cable sitting next to a power supply, or there's a fan or other electric motor close by?

Try just unplugging the S-video cable and running around the other side of the TV, or placing the Jagaur close to the TV and then coiling up the excess cable length with a twist-tie...

Why Atari? Why not something more popular like the Nintendo Wii or the Super Nintendo Entertainment System? I mean third party companies make PS3 games, so you could try to make a retro based game with virtually no limitations.

Why Atari? Why not something more popular like the Nintendo Wii or the Super Nintendo Entertainment System? I mean third party companies make PS3 games, so you could try to make a retro based game with virtually no limitations.

But we like limitations! Thats where the fun is. Financially, theres little to no money to be made in making games for old systems. In my mind its fun to take old systems into new realms. Just look at 2600 homebrews. They are making the sytem go way beyond what was originally thought possible back in the day.