IGNORED

THEY DONT HAVE A CHANCE!!!

Miles Tails Prower

Yeah I noticed the Atari insignia is becoming a punk fasion statement... Most can't even tell you what Atari is?

Now that I think about it there's a band called Atari Teenage Riot and I think they MIGHT use the Atari logo promotionally on some of their shirts.

The only kids ive met with attitude towards anything pre cd have been the kids working at games stores, Things like "xbox is so much better" make me shudder.

Apart from that ive never had anything but positive feedback from the youth of today, I have a friend whos 4 year old son is hooked to vectrex, His 10 year old daughter is an nes freak. Another friend who visits my house often brings her 2 sons, 1 is 10 and the other 12. Last Sat we spent the entire day playing atari, coleco and the rest. Its now "can i have one of those?", I think its great.

BTW, i was born 1970 and wear a "i hate eminem" t-shirt

WE DONT HAVE A CHANCE?!?!?!?!?

whats up with that? i think thats generilizing just a little to much

any wayz im a young gamer (14) and i love my ataris (all 8 of um) and my coleco vision and my nes and my sega master and my super nin and my 64 and my game cube and my sega genisis and everything else i own

but i do agree to some exstent that some people just see the graphics and say the system is crap in my opion they arent giving IT A chance

but what REALLY REALLY pissis me off is when people barley know what it is and assume that just because its older that its crap ( u just wanna slap thoose litle twerps dont u????)

any way everyone here on aa that know me also know that i am just as much of a hard core gamer as anyone on here (for the most part)

and i can run with the best of um

*dee da dee dee* move over big doggy cause the little dog's moving in! *dee da dee dee*

(ps. yea i know i changed the lyrics but come on!!!)

At least on here we have youngsters that know and appreciate the goodness that is Atari.

People don't need to tell us the graphics suck. We know this. But once you get the controller and play, you will never go back. Graphics be damned!

A "used" time machine...that sounds impossible even if it were "possible".

If you did travel back in time somehow, it would affect the future, and thus the creation of said time machine.

Tee hee hee! I didn't think anyone would want to get rid of their valuable time machines anyway. Why sell one?? If you need money, make a time jump to solve that problem. If you need more room to store it; same answer!! I know if I ever aquire one(new or used), I won't be selling it! I wouldn't even need money to buy it. If I took it for a test drive; I would surely return with the scratch!!!! :D :P :D

If you ever played the series of games with the Journeyman Project, you would realize that it is possible to use a time machine to maintain history and not to alter it.

As for kids liking games of all kinds, I remember lending my Atari Lynx one time to my godson to play at a party. I had about 16 games in my case and all the kids wanted a turn on it. Eventually I had a few parents asking me where they could get a Lynx. I told them that it was no longer in stores but they can get it through Ebay. I eventually bought a few for some of them after they loaned me the money and their kids still play with it, even those who have the GBA.

Fun games are just fun games, regardless of the medium that is used.

Not only are little kids economically inefficient, they're also dirty.  And for that reason, I would never let them touch my Atari stuff!

Cheers!

Joey

You deserve to be banned from AtariAge. Im 13 years old and have a collection more impres sthen alot of people here. Highlight- Atari 2800, halloween NMIB, glib, venture 2, i could keep going to. SO you deserved to be kicked off atari age screw you!!!!

You deserve to be banned from AtariAge. Im 13 years old and have a collection more impres sthen alot of people here. Highlight- Atari 2800, halloween NMIB, glib, venture 2, i could keep going to. SO you deserved to be kicked off atari age screw you!!!!

I think you should lighten up a wee bit. No point in loosing your head over a comment like that. I find it funny that you consider yourself a "Little Kid" at the age of 13.. personally I think a little kid would be someone age 7-8 and below. You I would consider a Teenager.

Perhaps a little thought before demanding people get kicked off?

People don't need to  tell us the graphics suck.  We know this.

I disagree. As I’ve said before: clearly the current games have more complex or realistic graphics, but I do not believe these things ipso facto constitute better graphics. Many VCS games’ graphics suit their nature and purpose exquisitely.

I disagree.  As I’ve said before: clearly the current games have more complex or realistic graphics, but I do not believe these things ipso facto constitute better graphics.  Many VCS games’ graphics suit their nature and purpose exquisitely.

Good point. There's a certain type of person who thinks that the goal of all art, whether it be painting or video game graphics, is photorealism. While that level of technical skill is impressive, it's not inherently better. To compare Atari graphics to any current system is like comparing Mondrian to Leonardo DaVinci: It should only be done for the purpose of entertainment.

Cameron

However, we must realise for every single young person who collects and loves old gaming systems such as the 2600, there are countless others who refer to the Super NES as the "old Nintendo". Plus, we have to remember how negative teens can get these days-this sucks, that sucks. It's cool to hate things.

Damn kids :D

-Yar

I disagree. As I’ve said before: clearly the current games have more complex or realistic graphics, but I do not believe these things ipso facto constitute better graphics. Many VCS games’ graphics suit their nature and purpose exquisitely.

THat phrase was also tongue in cheeck, but I also see what you're saying..

THat phrase was also tongue in cheeck, but I also see what you're saying..

By the same token, if a VCS game really sucks, frequently its graphics reflect this explicitly. :D

Atari graphics suck? I didn't know that :P

I might be speaking tongue-in-cheek if only I knew what that was...hmm

If enough people thought this was true, does it make it so?

If you wear a shirt that says: ATARI SUX

And other people see you wear said shirt...

Would they think you liked Atari in a wierd twist of logic? Or perhaps it would be a normal twist (like a pretzel or something).

If I keep writing long enough, will people come to agree with me more or less?