IGNORED

Atari ST on Computer Chronicals

Great! :) The hair-styles were almost as enjoyable as the program content. I can't help thinking the Amiga's multi-tasking OS was a hard act to follow, though.

I saw that show when it actually aired. Not really hard after you looked at the price tags at that time. :)

Great! :) The hair-styles were almost as enjoyable as the program content. I can't help thinking the Amiga's multi-tasking OS was a hard act to follow, though.

Problem is the amiga didn't work right especially multi tasking (guru meditation error just when running basic desktop demos) when released and it was more expensive than the ST which had a super easy to use gui and a much clearer pic in both color and mono. It had some catching up to do as well as it was release 6 months after the ST.

Edited by atarian63

Problem is the amiga didn't work right especially multi tasking (guru meditation error just when running basic desktop demos) when released and it was more expensive than the ST which had a super easy to use gui and a much clearer pic in both color and mono. It had some catching up to do as well as it was release 6 months after the ST.

I did have an Amiga for a few months back in the late nineties and that's my only experience of them. It was long before I'd ever used an ST, but I didn't have a monitor and the RF picture was virtually unusable. I realize the ST was cheaper but I'd forgotten it was out before the Amiga as well.

I'm tempted to make a spoof of those videos to coincide with the release of my word processor on the 8-bit.

"OK Steve, this is the new 80-column word processor for the 8-bit Atari."

"80 Columns, Bob?"

"Yes, that's right Steve. Without any hardware add-ons."

"Wow."

:)