IGNORED

Perfect all-in-one monitor for Ataris and PCs

That's a great solution!

Unfortunately, any Yankee model isn't going to have SCART. And without that, there will be no way to connect ST/Amiga to it then, right?

An expensive proposition to import, but I wonder if the Euro model would work in the U.S.? Would need power adapter, and then - will it display NTSC? Does yours display NTSC? (assuming you have an NTSC Atari or something in your collection)

It sucks SCART never made it to us yanks.

I know this reply is a little late, but LG US has a couple of 1080P televisions with the North American digital broadcast tuners (ATSC) as well as 2-HDMI, DVI, VGA d-sub, composite, PC audio in, headphone out, and 2 SCART ports.

These are the M2262D-PM and the M2362D-PM, MRSP of $290 and $320 respectively.

Whoa! Yankee monitors with SCART? Yowza!

• 1 month later...

OK I know I'm bumping an old thread but I'm toying with buying one of these LG sets for my home office and one use would be to hook up my 8 bits. Since I'll have a VBXE shortly I need to be sure it will support it.

I've looked through the details on LGs website and the downloadable but generic manual but I can't see any definitive list of supported modes / refresh etc. Can anyone tell me if this set will support the VBXE output before I shell out the cash?

For my other non VBXE machines I intend to use the SCART connector.

Edited by spookt

For my other non VBXE machines I intend to use the SCART connector.

Can't be sure if the set will support VBXE RGB. I had lots of trouble with the sync on my M227WD, but I was able to rectify it with Sebastian's help.

One thing to be wary of, however, is the fact that the set has a single SCART connector. My understanding is that most sets with 2 x SCART connectors have one wired up for 15KHz RGB, and the other wired up for s-video (that's the case with M227WD). However, with just one RGB SCART connector, surely you'll have no way of hooking up the s-video output of a "standard" Atari.

Your VBXE machine, since it outputs 15KHz RGB, will be the one using the SCART socket (unless you get hold of the VGA VBXE firmware!).

DSC01344.jpg LG 19WD owner here, no s-video, does not support NTSC (well not Atari's funny signal anyway) Sync problems with RGB on PCEngine, Jaguar and 7800 looked great on RGB though.

Reverted to a C=1084 and a sense 51-19w LCD (no longer available I believe but an awesome little thing with Scart,s-vid,RGB,Composite and HDMI, does NTSC just great!!)

That's a great solution!

Unfortunately, any Yankee model isn't going to have SCART. And without that, there will be no way to connect ST/Amiga to it then, right?

An expensive proposition to import, but I wonder if the Euro model would work in the U.S.? Would need power adapter, and then - will it display NTSC? Does yours display NTSC? (assuming you have an NTSC Atari or something in your collection)

It sucks SCART never made it to us yanks.

I know this reply is a little late, but LG US has a couple of 1080P televisions with the North American digital broadcast tuners (ATSC) as well as 2-HDMI, DVI, VGA d-sub, composite, PC audio in, headphone out, and 2 SCART ports.

These are the M2262D-PM and the M2362D-PM, MRSP of $290 and $320 respectively.

Just to let people know that monitors with the above part #s are available from Tiger Direct for $210 & $250, however pictures show them having 2-HDMI, DVI-D, VGA, component, composite, s-video, & TV RF connectors, without the s-cart connectors which are still listed in the specifications on the LG web-site.

How well these will display the composite/s-video from an Atari 8-bit is unknown.

Bill

• 1 year later...

Best results you'll ever get are VBXE2 through (necessarily) RGB on a 1084S CRT monitor. However, all stock Ataris only produce composite video and what we know as s-video. S-video gives the better signal, and IMO this is often clearer when viewed on an LCD monitor, although a 1084S (with luma and chroma inputs) will give a really nice picture if you don't mind a bit of artifacting. I tend to discount composite video, although it's often the only option in countries where s-video support is not prevalent.

I've modded up several 800XLs so their s-video output is almost indistinguishable from VBXE RGB on a GOOD LCD monitor.

So - RGB is always top of the tree: it will also look great on a good LCD monitor, although my preference is for CRT.

Edited by flashjazzcat