IGNORED

An American Colecovision in Europe

Adamant

Hello.

While spending some time in the US a while ago, I picked up a Colecovision system with some games. The system worked perfectly on my American TV, but having brought it back to Europe, I can't get it to work. I get the signal, but it jumps really bad and makes it impossible to play. All my other American and Japanese consoles work well. Any idea what I can do to get it working?

Hello.

While spending some time in the US a while ago, I picked up a Colecovision system with some games. The system worked perfectly on my American TV, but having brought it back to Europe, I can't get it to work. I get the signal, but it jumps really bad and makes it impossible to play. All my other American and Japanese consoles work well. Any idea what I can do to get it working?

It could be a power supply problem. Do you use the original powersuplly with a converter or do you use the european power supply with your US Colecovision?

And are you sure you TV is multistandards NTSC / PAL (/SECAM) ?

Probably a problem with a PAL tv trying to use an NTSC signal. Some of these older systems do not conform to modern standards. Can you try running it through a video recorder or try a different tv?

RF is usually a problem, in the past I have resorted to s-video mods for my NTSC consoles. Modern TVs seem more forgiving on AV/s-vid than RF

If you suspect the PSU I have a euro one that I may be tempted to sell

It could be a power supply problem. Do you use the original powersuplly with a converter or do you use the european power supply with your US Colecovision?

And are you sure you TV is multistandards NTSC / PAL (/SECAM) ?

I use the original power supply with the same converter I use for my other American consoles. My TV is multistandard, yes - my other foreign consoles work fine.

Probably a problem with a PAL tv trying to use an NTSC signal. Some of these older systems do not conform to modern standards. Can you try running it through a video recorder or try a different tv?

RF is usually a problem, in the past I have resorted to s-video mods for my NTSC consoles. Modern TVs seem more forgiving on AV/s-vid than RF

If you suspect the PSU I have a euro one that I may be tempted to sell

I will look into this, thanks.

I use the original power supply with the same converter I use for my other American consoles. My TV is multistandard, yes - my other foreign consoles work fine.

I'm currently waiting on a Colecovision from America and am wondering about what converter to get - could you tell me the name of the converter you are using?