Half Life (PC)

Crash Bandicoot Warped

Yu-Ghi-Oh (GBC)

Dragonball GT Volume 1(GBA Video)

Spiderman (GBA)

LotR (GBA)

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 (PC)

Totaled! (Xbox)

Stack of Playstation Magazine Demo discs (from 1997 to 2000)

Controllers/Peripherals

2 Xbox Controllers (Halo green and regular black)

Wavebrid

Guitar Hero 2 guitar (red and black Gibson)

Microsoft Sidewinder PC gamepad

Stack of blank DVD-Rs

2 3rd party SNES controllers

Atari 2600 Pointmaster stick

Clear purple N64 controller (thumbstick is absolutely destroyed from wear)

Tons and Tons of Ethernet cables

Atari 2600 Video Touch pad

GBC/Pocket carrying case

32" Sony TV (Very old and wet so I need to let it dry)

There were tons of people. Somebody grabbed the ColecoVision and SEGA CDX. There's still some cabinets I haven't looked in and some old TVs if anyone in the area wants to have a look. It's on Athol St. in Islip Terrace, NY.

I wouldn't have taken that stuff. The poor guy got evicted! When you get evicted, you can only come get your stuff at a specified time, etc. Imagine how the guy feels losing his place and now his stuff. Come on........

That's not how it works here. He took what he could (not that day) and the rest was put to the curb for sanitation to handle. Nobody was there for months anyway. the house was just sitting there rotting. I think he had a month to take anything out that was important.

if I understand correctly, the guy has been long gone and this stuff sounds like extra stuff. I mean, come on, if you had to leave and you could only take the majority of what you had, would you take the what stitch listed or the PS3, 360 Elite, maybe a couple of arcades..? Sounds like the previous owner was slimming down the collection anyways.

Still sucks to be evicted and lose any your stuff.

The guy sounds like he was more of a computer person anyway, judging by the amount of ethernet cables. Did you see any old computer stuff?

Hey, I'd love the PSX demo discs (some reason I'm crazy about that shit)

Sucks the dude got evictedd, but yeah, I figure he would have taken the important stuff first (you might find a lot of electronic stuff if I got evicted, but no games would have been levt behind)

That would be awful to go through. Heartbreaking especially if that person ended up on the street, or in a car, or begging a spot on someone's couch, and had no choice but leave their belongings behind just to know it all would be tossed or picked apart. :(

It's a shame that person didn't try local video game stores to try and at least get money. When I ran a flea market for charity I would see venders at yard sales and auctions telling people something isn't worth money then turning around and selling for 10X what they paid.

It reminds me of vultures.

That would be awful to go through. Heartbreaking especially if that person ended up on the street, or in a car, or begging a spot on someone's couch, and had no choice but leave their belongings behind just to know it all would be tossed or picked apart. :(

It's a shame that person didn't try local video game stores to try and at least get money. When I ran a flea market for charity I would see venders at yard sales and auctions telling people something isn't worth money then turning around and selling for 10X what they paid.

It reminds me of vultures.

dam!!! I was just by islip terrace yesterday,too!

Yes he was a PC person. Tons of empty PC shells. BTW The sony had 3 composite, 3 svideo and 1 coaxial.

That confirms it for me-- what the guy left was his extra stuff. It sucks he got evicted but it sounds like he took the good stuff with him. I now consider this a great score for Stitch, glad you were there to snag it!

BTW can you get pics? Is anything there or have they hauled it off? I look for spare parts. Particularly IBM or Amiga parts. Heck, any old PC part that looks nice.

Edited by nathanallan

Yes he was a PC person. Tons of empty PC shells. BTW The sony had 3 composite, 3 svideo and 1 coaxial.

That confirms it for me-- what the guy left was his extra stuff. It sucks he got evicted but it sounds like he took the good stuff with him. I now consider this a great score for Stitch, glad you were there to snag it!

BTW can you get pics? Is anything there or have they hauled it off? I look for spare parts. Particularly IBM or Amiga parts. Heck, any old PC part that looks nice.

The only thig left is 1 smashed TV, some stanky ass mattresses and an old busted silverware cabinet. The PC cases were stock Compaq Presarios. Looked to be Windows 98 or 95. They could have been older than that.

Edited by STICH666

I do want to add, though, that in just about 99% of places it is illegal to do what you did. If it was 'strewn across his lawn' then it was not there for the sanitation people to pick up, as that stuff goes on the curb. And this is not the same argument as "yeah, well dumpster diving is illegal in a lot of places too". This is very different. A lot of times when people get evicted the landlords(generally just the douchebag ones, unless the renters were awful tenants) just throw their stuff on the front lawn, so that they feel it's no longer their responsibility.

To be blunt, you could have been arrested for theft. Here's an analogy: you're working outside painting a game system, computer case, arcade game, etc. Somebody sees it on your lawn(while you're waiting for the paint to dry) and takes it. They could make the same case, "I didn't see anybody around it, I figured it was garbage waiting to be picked up by the sanitation people".

Yes, the stuff would've been taken either way(whether by you or by other people) but that still doesn't make it right.

*/Ethics rant over*

It's bad karma ultimately. It could easily happen to you with a little bit of bad luck. Still though you'd think the guy would try to sell off some of his stuff if he was that bad off.

I remember several years ago that same thing happening to a neighbor of mine, the only difference being that the property manager stole the stuff instead of random douchebags. The stuff that ended up being stolen included a kid's bed, toys, and clothing This lead to a big fight between the property manager and I to the point where I ended up being evicted (which didn't bug me at all since I wanted the hell out). The property owner ends up hearing about all this and fires the property manager, but not before I'm gone and several other tenants decide not to renew their lease.