IGNORED

Some gamer got evicted down my block!

someone taking something from your lawn is not considered an exuse to take the 12 gauge out and act like dirty hairy. believe it or not, we are a bit more civilized here.

Lol I'm the one worried about getting shot, not the other way around. I'm not stupid enough to leave anything valuable on my front lawn anyways. :) If I saw somebody on my front lawn I'd probably just open the door and be like "hey what's up man? can I help you with anything" because more than likely it's a gas meter reader, post man, etc. I only posted that because trespassing is wrong, and in many cases is legally punishable(or worse). And contrary to your post, you guys up in New York are not any more civilized than people in Cleveland, Ohio, Akron, Ohio, etc. In fact, around here if this happened, more than likely we collect up the stuff and help the guy store it until he can pick it up.(mind you I don't live in the city, but still) So who are the more civilized group of people?

And he did not say it was on the curb, he said it was strewn across the front lawn. Thus my point remains: curb is fair game, lawn is not.

Edited by IceCold

I think its wrong to put labels on people, that's all. Some of us might get offended.

I am half latino and half italian. :) so, as long as I stick with the italian and latino insults, Im good!

which brings up a little story from this weekends garage sale runs....

i was by my house and stopped at a garage sale. a car pulled up with a spanish family. I was walking by the garage sale's owner and her yappity friend and she says to her "look....more spanish people. they always come to garage sales and buy everything!" I could have said something but I was in a rush!

Enough of the insults involving race, disability, nationality etc, I don't care what you are. Not everyone will agree that it's all good and just because one person says something does not make it right.

I think its wrong to put labels on people, that's all. Some of us might get offended.

I am half latino and half italian. :) so, as long as I stick with the italian and latino insults, Im good!

i was by my house and stopped at a garage sale. a car pulled up with a spanish family. I was walking by the garage sale's owner and her yappity friend and she says to her "look....more spanish people. they always come to garage sales and buy everything!" I could have said something but I was in a rush!

someone taking something from your lawn is not considered an exuse to take the 12 gauge out and act like dirty hairy. believe it or not, we are a bit more civilized here.

Lol I'm the one worried about getting shot, not the other way around. I'm not stupid enough to leave anything valuable on my front lawn anyways. :) If I saw somebody on my front lawn I'd probably just open the door and be like "hey what's up man? can I help you with anything" because more than likely it's a gas meter reader, post man, etc. I only posted that because trespassing is wrong, and in many cases is legally punishable(or worse). And contrary to your post, you guys up in New York are not any more civilized than people in Cleveland, Ohio, Akron, Ohio, etc. In fact, around here if this happened, more than likely we collect up the stuff and help the guy store it until he can pick it up.(mind you I don't live in the city, but still) So who are the more civilized group of people?

And he did not say it was on the curb, he said it was strewn across the front lawn. Thus my point remains: curb is fair game, lawn is not.

true, if it was across the lawn it might have been a bit different but if others were there, it kind of lets people know what its all about. I have had things stolen from my front lawn and things have even been damaged and I get pissed beyond belief! sometimes there isnt enough room on the sidewalk to put everything and stuff was just being tossed on the grass only to be placed at the curb later?

Enough of the insults I don't care what you are. Not everyone will agree that it's all good.

how is it an insult? we do grab everything. i have spanish people working for me and when I take things from homes we work at (items home owners no longer want because they are upgrading thier home....light fixtures, ac units, sheving) and they make fun of me. they call me the "garbage collector."

in my town, spanish people drive around garage sales and buy everything. its not an insult, its a fact.

I said enough, don't argue with me. It will not benefit you. Your town whatever I don't care.

Enough of the insults I don't care what you are. Not everyone will agree that it's all good.

how is it an insult? we do grab everything. i have spanish people working for me and when I take things from homes we work at (items home owners no longer want because they are upgrading thier home....light fixtures, ac units, sheving) and they make fun of me. they call me the "garbage collector."

in my town, spanish people drive around garage sales and buy everything. its not an insult, its a fact.

Enough of the insults involving race, disability, nationality etc, I don't care what you are. Not everyone will agree that it's all good and just because one person says something does not make it right.

You forgot the hairy (my emphasis below) :lol:.

true, if it was across the lawn it might have been a bit different but if others were there, it kind of lets people know what its all about. I have had things stolen from my front lawn and things have even been damaged and I get pissed beyond belief! sometimes there isnt enough room on the sidewalk to put everything and stuff was just being tossed on the grass only to be placed at the curb later?

Yeah I suppose it's hard for either of us to know exactly how it went down without either of us actually being there. I wouldn't be willing to risk the legal liability of grabbing something off of somebody's front lawn, though, even if I thought it was abandoned, and even if there were a ton of other people doing it. $100 worth of games is not worth any hassle or having to deal with cops. If it's on the curb, and it's overflowing on the lawn a bit(so it's clearly been left for the sanitation workers to pick up) I can understand, but the OP made it sound like stuff was just all over the front lawn. I've never heard of sanitation workers walking around somebody's lawn trying to figure out what's trash and what's not...

stich, next time you see any clobber/gear like that, just call the charity shop/store collectors (if they exist in the states) and they can come and clean out professionally, that way you won't get slagged off for doing anything and you are still recycling (or putting the clobber/gear to good use)

stich, next time you see any clobber/gear like that, just call the charity shop/store collectors (if they exist in the states) and they can come and clean out professionally, that way you won't get slagged off for doing anything and you are still recycling (or putting the clobber/gear to good use)

Or I dont know, don't tell anybody?

those are even worse. those charity services are a scam. it was on the news a while ago that these charity services dont give to the poor in our community. they actually send if to third world countries and re-sell it there. the charities that you actually drop them off at (good will) are the legitimate ones. the ones that come to your home are not.

The latino comment is true though...well at least in our area. There's groups of people who drive around in pickups in search of this kind of stuff for a quick buck. (mostly latino and ragged homeless-looking white guys/girls). It has nothing to do with being racist, it's just what happens. Well anyway I said there was stuff strewn across his lawn. I didn't mention that there was no more room left at the curb. It was taken up by furniture. I definitely feel bad for the guy but from what I got it seems that most of the stuff was unwanted as it was in terrible condition aside from the SP.

Thanks. I do not care what is or isn't true or where you do or don't live. Get that through your thick heads already.

It's a sensitive topic and If one person gets upset about a race comment it's one too many - It's more then one too many already. Anyone else that makes a comment on Race, Disability, Nationality, Ethnicity or whatever in this thread will also be put on Mod Preview for a time out.

Can anybody take a hint? Chickybaby said DROP IT. No more race comments! Please!

In Ohio if it was an eviction, taking the stuff is perfectly legal.

I used to work for a property management firm. We rented apartments. When we went through the courts and got the eviction. We had a bailiff, an officer of the court, with us when we cleared the stuff out and put on the curb. The person should have had plenty of notice to get the items. Once it is on the curb, it is all up for grabs.

Sometimes tenants would just leave in the middle of the night when they were a couple months late on rent. They would leave entire furniture sets, dressers, bathroom items, couches, tables, food in the refrigerator, clothes, tvs, and kids toys. I could tell you horror stories of what people did to the apartments when they were mad at us too.

I used to work for a property management firm. We rented apartments. When we went through the courts and got the eviction. We had a bailiff, an officer of the court, with us when we cleared the stuff out and put on the curb. The person should have had plenty of notice to get the items. Once it is on the curb, it is all up for grabs.

Sometimes tenants would just leave in the middle of the night when they were a couple months late on rent. They would leave entire furniture sets, dressers, bathroom items, couches, tables, food in the refrigerator, clothes, tvs, and kids toys. I could tell you horror stories of what people did to the apartments when they were mad at us too.

Please go on.

Please go on.

Please do.

In one apartment the tenants were three months late behind in rent. I don't know how they got that far behind. Typically once they are three days late we send a letter. Because of the time for filing with the court a tenant should not be more than two months late be the time we evict them.

Anyway, these tenants put holes in the walls and doors. They kicked them in, used the headboard to through against the wall. In the year they lived there I don't think they cleaned the bathroom. The refrigerator was nasty. Oh, and did I mention the human feces smeared on the walls? We charged those tenants extra to clean it up. They never paid. Then we applied to HUD for payment for the cleaning an repainting. Thank you US taxpayers. We all ended up paying the bill.

Then we had someone pay timely by the third of the month. A few days later, we are not sure, he died on his couch of a heart attack. No one knew until the neighbors complained of a smell coming from the apartment and flies on the windows. The body pretty much melted into the couch and then the floor. We had to get that one cleaned up by a company that does hazardous materials.

I just did the accounting for complexes. I only got to see the pictures.