IGNORED

Coding on a Mac

Text editor : Textmate (I must create a bundle for CC65), or BBedit is OK

Compiler : CC65 tool chain (Get it from darwinports, but it is a little bit out of date, but works)

Emulator: Atari800MacX, the author hangs out here.

The cool thing about CC65 is that you can write assembly in modules and then link link them later, once you get the hang this is really powerful.

The only thing we are missing is a way to create ATR images. but .XEX come out of the compilation phase, so it all works.

Thanks!

sTeVE

Hey Steve

I posted OS X binaries of MADS, ATASM and XASM in this thread. I usually use ATASM since it's MAC/65 compatible and I use MAC/65 on the real thing. Also there is good English documentation :) I'd love to learn MADS but since I'm learning assembly at the same time I'll stick to what I know for now. I don't use any fancy editors, just plain old Apple text edit. Oh, ATASM can compile straight to a pre-existing DOS 2 compatible ATR too.

Atari800MacX rocks. Seriously the best A8 emulator I've used. The front end is slick and the media window makes swapping disks / carts etc a dream.

Edited by spookt

Atari800MacX rocks. Seriously the best A8 emulator I've used. The front end is slick and the media window makes swapping disks / carts etc a dream.

I totally agree, but don't for get the ability to create disk sets, load up all the disks for what you want to do and just rotate them when you need to change disks. I was playing with this the other day, it's great, such a time saver.