IGNORED

WUDSN IDE: The free integrated Atari 8-bit development plugin for Eclipse

Hello everybody,

Finally I made it and the first version of "WUDSN IDE" the free integrated Atari 8-bit assembler development plugin for Eclipse is available on http://www.wudsn.com.

It was completely rewritten from scratch and now contains...

• Fully integrated assembler editor with syntax highlighting, inplace compiling and error navigation
  • Content outline and source folding for macros and sections
  • Content assist and code completion
  • Hyperlink navigation to source includes and binary includes
  • Creation of label definition files for emulators

See the section "Features" for a complete list, tons of screenshots and the list of bugs and already planned features.

See the section "Installation" for the steps be step guide to install and configure Eclipse, the plugin and the additional components.

If you have feedback you can drop me an e-mail (see web site) or personal message or use this thread.

Best regards, Peter.

Editor:

post-17404-1244496043_thumb.png

Preferences:

post-17404-1244496285_thumb.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Looks great, about a month ago, I was looking to make a better editor than just using notepad for assembly and was directed to PSEdit. We know the problems with writing large programs and not knowing whats going on. Will have to do a closer inspection of this software.

Great stuff!

I was trying to achieve something like this few years ago but eclipse environment was to big to me to comprehend in reasonable time.

Author asks for help in developing support for XASM. I think MADS (at least partial) can be done instead.

Great!

What do you guys think...is Exclipse easy to setup on my Samsnung NC10 netbook with 2GB or better not?

Peter... do you think MADS is possible??? :)

ps. I love the Visdom logo... still one of my fave demos... Maybe I will ripp the Visdom 2 out of the Halle Project... ;)

I installed the plug-in this morning at work and the editor is up and running but I when I choose the compile or compile and run menu option nothing seems to happen. I went into preferences and filled in the paths to the executables and even tried restarting. Is there something else I need to do?

Thanks,

tjb

Great!

What do you guys think...is Exclipse easy to setup on my Samsnung NC10 netbook with 2GB or better not?

Is java already installed? If so, installing Eclipse is easy. Just download it and put the eclipse folder in C:\eclipse (or another drive) and run eclipse.exe that's it! plugins go to eclipse\plugins

I installed the plug-in this morning at work and the editor is up and running but I when I choose the compile or compile and run menu option nothing seems to happen. I went into preferences and filled in the paths to the executables and even tried restarting. Is there something else I need to do?

Thanks,

tjb

I had a similar problem but I found that if I closed the asm file and double clicked it in the project folder to re-open it the options were available and the syntax highlighting kicked in.

WOW! Thanks for all the feedback. So here are some answers:

- Installation of Eclipse

This is fairly easy. Especially you can live with the minimum installation (no SDK) and currently without any other plugin.

Also you can install/copy/move Eclipse using just simple file operations. No registry entries or something similar.

So the footprint is not too big and I should run smoothly on and machine which is able to render this web site ;-)

- I added MADS to the sections "planned features" just like XASM. The point is that I first want to get one thing stable before I add another.

As you can imagine, this plugin involves more than just configuration (log file parsing, content outline parsing, ..).

Also I neither have experience in nor sources for using XSAM/MADS.

But if there are people willing to help, I'll surely add them. The code is prepared to be extended in this way.

- Regarding the "Compile does not work and where the heck is the highlighting".

This is because when you create an "Unnamed Text File", the normal text editor is opened first.

This is why the feature "Project wizard ..." is on the list of planned features.

In this case an ".asm" file is created empty and directly opened with the correct editor.

For the time being I have added "Close the normal text editor and double-click the file in the project folder to open it in the ATASM editor" to the example guide.

- @Heaven: See the "productions" tab of the site. There will also be a bug-fixed single file version of the Visdom-II demo for download soon, so you don't have to rip it ;-)

anyone one tried Mac Os X 10.5.6? possible?

Yep. Working on my iMac. Unfortunately there are a couple of caveats:

1) Compile and Run option will not work as the preferences screen will not accept Atari800MacX.app as an emulator

2) The compile option works fine but binaries are produced in /tmp which makes getting at them a pain.

However it is usable right now and I guess it wouldn't be hard to work round the above.

post-14167-1244577478_thumb.jpg

this is really a cool project.

with that I could combine my work with my hobby!! It was for me longer on the list to get more into Eclipse plugin coding. So learning the equinox/plugin api of eclipse would be the right motivation to get more involved into this project .. nice nice nice.. . i'm going to test it tomorrow.

thanks peter!!!

\twh

p.s.: any chance to make it fully open sourced??

Hello Heaven

anyone one tried Mac Os X 10.5.6? possible?

10.5.7. has been out for quite a while already. Guess who needs to update! :D

greetings

Mathy (who ready on the Apple site yesterday that 10.6 will be Intel Mac only. :| :sad: :x )