IGNORED

WUDSN IDE: The free integrated Atari 8-bit development plugin for Eclipse

Site Update

The content has been split into into individual PHP pages. So instead of editing an HTML document with almost 4000 lines, I can not update more selectively and more frequently. In case you experience problem with the site now, please contact me.

• The FAQ section on the tab WUDSN IDE has been structured into the sections ""Installation, Configuration, Editing and Compiling"
  • The following FAQs have been added or updated
    • When I try to start Eclipse is get an error like "Failed to load the JNI shared library 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\client\jvm.dll'". What is wrong?
    • Why is WUDSN IDE not available via the update site?
    • Why is MADS the primary compiler?
    • Why do I get the error "No ORG defined" when compiling the example from the tutorial?
    • How to I convert an ATASM source for to MADS format?

[*]All supported 6502 compilers are now contained in a single download archive . The installation section for compilers has been updated accordingly

[*]The download URL for DASM has been changed to dasm-dillon.sourceforge.net because some ... Atari lawyers forced Andrew Davie to shut down www.atari2600.org after 11 years

[*]For DASM the new version 2.10.11 is now included. The Mac OS X PowerPC version is now also included

[*]For MADS the new version 1.9.3 (source, examples and Windows executable) is now included. Executables for other platforms will follow

[*]The source example and related screen shots in the section "Creating and compiling an example project" have been updated to the syntax of MADS, which is the default compiler since 1.6.0

Edited by JAC!
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Currently I'm redesigning the way compilers, instruction sets and editors work together to have more flexibility. In the end you will be able to configure any compiler for any platform and choose the relevant subset of the instructions. This will allow for C64 and even Z80 support in the future with minor effort. ... I cannot believe myself I'm writing this :-) When I started with the IDE I only wanted to get rid of configuring UltraEdit time and time again...

Note: The next update will completely change the persistence of the preferences to make the new flexibility work and will require Java 1.6. So you should make a screenshot and update the JDK in advance.

post-17404-0-69487800-1317916205_thumb.png post-17404-0-23914800-1317916211_thumb.png

Edited by JAC!
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to Phaeron, Altirra 2.00-test45 now has a "/singleinstance" command line option which make Altirra behave like Atari800Win could. That means you no longer have to manually quit the emulator before you press/click "Compile & Run" in WUDSN IDE. This save a lot a time and prevents the usual confusion with 4 incidentially started emulator instances. Alternativly you can also set it by default via the menu "Tools/Options/Start/Reuse program instace". With the next version of WUDSN IDE, ""${runnerExecutablePath} /singleinstance ${outputFilePath}" with be the default command line.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi there,

my recent project forced ne to do something nice in with regard to the IDE again. You cannot deal with 2300 labels if the navigation does work 100%. The hyperlink navigation of the next IDE version now supports compound identifiers like "title.start" and you can even nagivate to every level of the identifier by pointing to the correct position within the identifier.

post-17404-0-88681800-1326038650_thumb.png

Edited by JAC!
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

One result of using the IDE is the larger projects can be handeled easily via include files.

Until now, using include files had to down sides:

- You have to switch to the main file before compiling

- Error message where all attached to the main file, error from include files only had the additional text "In include file..." and positioning did not work for them.

This will be improved in the next version:

- Via the property "@com.wudsn.ide.asm.mainsourcefile=" you can specify which main/parent source file shall be used when compiling

- Error messages are now correctly attached to the includes files, provided the include files reside in the same or in a sub-directory

post-17404-0-13416800-1334586199_thumb.png

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Version 1.6.1 is taking shape now. I think it'll be ready for release in two weeks or so.

Now you will be able to configure which compiler you want to use for which platforms.

The rest of the preferences will then offer the per platform+compiler settings.

Explicit specification of the target hardware in the source via "; @com.wudsn.ide.asm.hardware=C64" will also be possible.

This way you don't have to change the preferences again when you use multiple platforms.

Ehm, "=ATARI8BIT" I mean of coure :-)

post-17404-0-31474100-1335286537_thumb.png

• Like 1

Version 1.6.1 is taking shape now. I think it'll be ready for release in two weeks or so.

Now you will be able to configure which compiler you want to use for which platforms.

The rest of the preferences will then offer the per platform+compiler settings.

Explicit specification of the target hardware in the source via "; @com.wudsn.ide.asm.hardware=C64" will also be possible.

This way you don't have to change the preferences again when you use multiple platforms.

Ehm, "=ATARI8BIT" I mean of coure :-)

post-17404-0-31474100-1335286537_thumb.png

Looks great :thumbsup:

Version 1.6.1 is taking shape now.
Nice to read. Will 1.6.1 contain any progress on ca65 support?

Hi SvOlli,

no, not yet. I want to have the separation between compiler and platform complete and tested before I add another compiler.

One result of using the IDE is the larger projects can be handeled easily via include files.

Until now, using include files had to down sides:

- You have to switch to the main file before compiling

- Via the property "@com.wudsn.ide.asm.mainsourcefile=" you can specify which main/parent source file shall be used when compiling

post-17404-0-13416800-1334586199_thumb.png

Great news! Didn't realize how much it bothered me until you wrote it will be implemented :D

ps. Instead of simple praise - when I reinstalled OS recently, Eclipse was first thing I installed and WUDSN the second :) Thumbs up man!

After spending hours trying to hide the compiler tabs for "not activated compilers" per hardware (there is no "setVisible(false)" for tabs), I decided to remove all the code for selective activation. What I had in mind originally was that if too many compilers are there, the "Atari 8-bit Compilers" page would be too crowded. In fact it turned out that the additional checkboxes per compiler/hardware combination, are urgly and and the resulting error possibilities (you first have to press "Apply" before you click on the compiler preferences, you forget to activate the compiler...) are hindering and making things unnecessarily complex. Hence the only change will be that the configure the path to the compiler once, and then have all compilers available for all platforms by default. Since they all have short names, they fit in perfectly.

Keep it simple :-)

post-17404-0-36492900-1335906451_thumb.pngpost-17404-0-67977500-1335906465_thumb.pngpost-17404-0-61265100-1335906473_thumb.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...