IGNORED

WUDSN IDE: The free integrated Atari 8-bit development plugin for Eclipse

Man - wish I could find a way to quit my job and code for A8 all day.

When I turn my laptop on at the workplace in the morning these are the icons I click:

E-mail, Opera, remote desktop to corporate server and Eclipse (with Wudsn installed of course) :)

Just keep that eclipse opened and watch there is no one around when you fire up emulator.

Even if they see asm code they just go "wow - those are all hieroglyphs for me!" :)

Ps. bluetooth headphones help too....

I have updated eclipse to 3.7 but still not possible to update the IDE to 1.6? any idea?

What exactly is the issue?

- Does not appear in the "Install new Software" when entering www.wudsn-com/update?

- Reports errors during/afer installion?

i have 1.3.6

Sure with this number? There never was a WUDSN IDE version with that number. Or do you mean Eclipse 3.6.1? It should look like the following screen. Make sure you have the "Hide updates that are already installed" is checkbox deselected. I just tested an update from 1.5.0 to 1.6.0 with a local installation right now and it worked fine.

post-17404-0-70496700-1315662450_thumb.png

I'm about to update the site, so I've added "WUSDN" to the search meta tags to prevent future issues :)

BTW: Can you believe that 2 weeks after I register the domain, this was founded and suddlenly was ranked 2nd in MY google search :P

I thought I'd have a go at this but can't get past running eclipse! :sad:

Every time I try to run it I get Failed to load the JNI shared library "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\client\jvm.dll despite having Java Runtime 6 installed and C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\ in my path...

Any thoughts as to where I'm going wrong? Does anyone have an idiot's guide to installing WUSDN?

Hi xzerix,

the guide is on the web site, but I was not able to update it for some months. Currently I'm preparing the update, esp. for installation and FAQ. As for your problem: Do you have a Windows 7 64bit operating system? In this case you need the 64 bit version of Eclipse & Java.

Windows 7 64 bit IDE 3.6.2: http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?file=/eclipse/downloads/drops/R-3.6.2-201102101200/eclipse-platform-3.6.2-win32-x86_64.zip

Hi xzerix,

the guide is on the web site, but I was not able to update it for some months. Currently I'm preparing the update, esp. for installation and FAQ. As for your problem: Do you have a Windows 7 64bit operating system? In this case you need the 64 bit version of Eclipse & Java.

Windows 7 64 bit IDE 3.6.2: http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?file=/eclipse/downloads/drops/R-3.6.2-201102101200/eclipse-platform-3.6.2-win32-x86_64.zip

64bit Windows 7, 64 bit Eclipse... but 32 bit Java! Problems solved. Thank you! :cool:

I've not had time to work on the rest of the install and configure (I am *supposed* to be working at the moment...)

Isn't this such a nice hobby when people give up their own time and resources and produce stuff for other people to use, provide help with it for no (material) reward especially when asked a tangental (and if I'd thought it through) possibly silly question. :ponder:

Cheers!

• Like 1

Peter's work on the IDE is awesome and is in same range like G2F & Tebe... ;) and he is always willing to ask "silly" questions... I will not tell you what I had asked him while installing the IDE and Eclipse... or the damned "Scrolling Window" but of Eclipse under OSX (and I thought it is the IDE). So Kudos to him.

I wanted to say a big thank you for WUDSN-- I use it almost every night now and talk about a fabulous learning environment! I can't tell you how excited I was to see my bullets being animated all over the screen. I know I would be learning Assembly at a much slower pace if it wasn't for this development environment and Altirra. Thanks again :)

• Like 1

I have a silly question (for all you guys):

Am I the only one who uses GVIM and cc65/ca65 to develop for the A8? :)

I started out using GVIM but then switched to Code::blocks. I really should flip to MS Studio..Net express. I just am to lazy to figure out the configuration setting to auto build. So now I edit in Cide::blocks on Linix, save to a share and test with Alterra.

Now back to our regularly scheduled thread.