IGNORED

WUDSN IDE: The free integrated Atari 8-bit development plugin for Eclipse

• 1 month later...

2014-02-05 New zero installation distribution of WUDSN IDE for 32-bit

I received requests to also provide a 32-bit version of the zero installation distribution. And after figuring out how I can do that without doing everything twice, it's ready for download: wudsn-ide-win32.zip. I have no real 32-bit hardware to test it, so please provide feedback. Thanks also to Timothy, Kevin and Fredrick for the feed und using WUDSN IDE on Mac OS X. I have extended to FAQs accordingly.

New FAQs:

• Why are is the "Assembler" section not visible in the preferences?If the WUDSN IDE specific sections and features are not visible after a successful installation, you are probably using an
    outdated Java version. This seems to be a common problem on Mac OS X. Make sure you have Java 1.7 installed and that Eclipse is started using that version. Java 1.6 is out of maintenance since 2013/02.

post-17404-0-03470700-1391622148_thumb.png

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Peter...

I reinstalled Eclipse but it does not work. I have Mavericks 1.9.1 and Java 1.7 and installed

Eclipse Standard/SDK

Version: Kepler Service Release 1

Build id: 20130919-0819

WUDSN Base 1.6.5 and WUDSN IDE 1.6.5 are installed via the Install new software feature and the JAR files are in the plugins folder. But none of the features are visible (like assembler in preferences etc).

Ideas?

clean install on a macbook air with 1.9.1 does not work either... when installed Eclipse it told me that it needs to download Java 6 SE from Apple... which my iMac did not prompted.

Does anybody had it running on OSX Mavericks? as I want to switch from my old Samsung NC10 towards modern dev plattform.

post-528-0-61630400-1392455535_thumb.png

Edited by Heaven/TQA

clipse.buildId=4.3.0.M20130911-1000

java.version=1.6.0_65

java.vendor=Apple Inc.

BootLoader constants: OS=macosx, ARCH=x86_64, WS=cocoa, NL=de_DE

Framework arguments: -product org.eclipse.epp.package.standard.product -keyring /Users/heaven6502/.eclipse_keyring -showlocation

Command-line arguments: -os macosx -ws cocoa -arch x86_64 -product org.eclipse.epp.package.standard.product -keyring /Users/heaven6502/.eclipse_keyring -showlocation

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.net 1 0 2014-02-15 10:05:10.497

!MESSAGE System property http.nonProxyHosts has been set to local|*.local|169.254/16|*.169.254/16 by an external source. This value will be overwritten using the values from the preferences

!SESSION 2014-02-15 10:07:23.967 -----------------------------------------------

eclipse.buildId=4.3.0.M20130911-1000

java.version=1.6.0_65

java.vendor=Apple Inc.

BootLoader constants: OS=macosx, ARCH=x86_64, WS=cocoa, NL=de_DE

Framework arguments: -product org.eclipse.epp.package.standard.product -keyring /Users/heaven6502/.eclipse_keyring -showlocation

ok... upgraded my NC10 to Win 7 and installed a SSD... now installing your zero installation archive...

hopefully I am prepared now for Revision Party :D need to code stuff... :D

would be good if someone can explain me how he got run the IDE on OSX and 1.9.1 plus Java 7... as most of the coding machines at home are Macs... NC10 is the old one of mine :D

• 3 months later...

Since I got a lot of feedback from Mac Users that getting Java 1.7 up-an running is a pain there, I have created reworked WUDSN IDE and the build process a little. The next version will be compatible with JRE 1.6 again. I just successfully tested on Windows 8/x-64 with JRE 1.6-45. But since I don't even have that (my 10.5.5 can at best run JRE 1.5) I'll need some volunteers for testing on Mac OS.

Edited by JAC!

Since I got a lot of feedback from Mac Users that getting Java 1.7 up-an running is a pain there, I have created reworked WUDSN IDE and the build process a little. The next version will be compatible with JRE 1.6 again. I just successfully tested on Windows 8/x-64 with JRE 1.6-45. But since I don't even have that (my 10.5.5 can at best run JRE 1.5) I'll need some volunteers for testing on Mac OS.

I can test Jac. My MBP is running the latest and greatest Mavericks.

• 2 weeks later...

2014-06-11 WUDSN IDE update 1.6.6 released

A new version of the IDE is available via the update site and as zero installation download. When I started recording the 7th part for the Programming the Atari XL/XE video tutorial I found that the graphics editor and hex editor are not as usable as they should be. So I decided to implement some improvements and fixes first. At the same time quite a number of Mac OS X users reported issues with installing Java 1.7 on their machines, making it difficult for them to use WUDSN IDE. Hence I invested quite some time in reworking the code, so it runs properly also with "good old" Java 1.6. Thanks to spookt and flashjazzcat for testing.

General

• This version can run with Java 1.6 (JRE/JDK), so also a vanilla OS X Snow Leopard (10.6), Lion (10.7), Mountain Lion (10.8.x) and Mavericks (10.9) can run it out of the box.
  • Improved handling of relative file paths in source and binary includes.
Graphics Editor:
  • All buttons now have icons with tooltips.
  • Enabling of input fields and change detection is consistent now.
  • Typing into any file path of text field updates the dirty indicator immediately, so you see if there are unsaved changes.
  • Toggling the "Shrink" and "Zoom" buttons updates image size correctly now.
  • Line numbers have been added in the script editor.
  • The line with the cursor is highlighted in the script editor.
  • New default converter scripts for converting character sets have been added.
  • Error messages in case of script errors have been improved and the cursor is positioned to the error location in the source.
2014-06-11-wudsn-ide-gfx.editor.png

Hex Editor:

• Performance when opening a file with the HexEditor improved by a factor of 10 to 20. Now a file with 1 MB is opened in far less than 1 second.
  • Allowed maximum file size has been increased to 8 MB.
  • ATR files with 256 bytes boot sectors are now handled correctly becasue they are rather common even though they violate the ATR specification
  • ATR files created from single Atari COM files, so called "k-files", are now detected automatically. For them not only the sectors of the ATR are displayed, but also the segments of the contain Atari COM file are displayed in the outline and the editor.
  • C64-PRG files are now detected automatically.
2014-06-11-wudsn-ide-k-file.png2014-06-11-wudsn-ide-k-file-outline.png Edited by JAC!
  • Like 5

• 1 month later...

Sneak preview. Started out as a hack yesterday and (again) turned into an underestimated amout of work. But looks cool, I think. The parsing of the compiler output was partly already there in the past, now it starts making sense.

post-17404-0-14189900-1406042807_thumb.png

Edited by JAC!
  • Like 3

I think Karolj refers to the fact that it is now runs on Mavericks without installation of Java 1.7 (again). Even I failed to make Java 1.7 work there, so I decided to rather re-implement a set of JDK 1.7 proxy classes and go for Java 1.6 compatibility again than entering "installation hell".

Edited by JAC!
  • Like 1

Hi Peter,
wonder if you can maybe help ? I have Wudsn 1.6.5 installed and just tried to update it and it failed.

Maybe it has something to do with my Eclipse updated recently to Luna 4.4 release ?

Here is the error:

An error occurred while collecting items to be installed
session context was:(profile=epp.package.standard, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.Collect, operand=, action=).
No repository found containing: osgi.bundle,com.wudsn.ide.asm,1.6.6
No repository found containing: osgi.bundle,com.wudsn.ide.asm.compilers,1.6.6
No repository found containing: osgi.bundle,com.wudsn.ide.asm.compilers.test,1.6.6
No repository found containing: osgi.bundle,com.wudsn.ide.base,1.6.6
No repository found containing: osgi.bundle,com.wudsn.ide.dsk,1.6.6
No repository found containing: osgi.bundle,com.wudsn.ide.gfx,1.6.6
No repository found containing: org.eclipse.update.feature,com.wudsn.ide.feature,1.6.6

Maybe it has just forgotten about the update site. Check if "http:// www.wudsn.com/update" is there in the "Available Sites".

If that doesn't help just try to uninstall the WUDSN IDE feature and install it again from the update site www.wudsn.com/update explicitly.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

With the help from Mark Simonson (creator of the Atari TTF fonts), one of the long planned features might finally become reality: True Atari Font in the Hex Editor with all special and inverse characters. Including the choice, between ASCII, ATASCII and screen code.

post-17404-0-64808800-1407503121_thumb.png

Edited by JAC!
  • Like 7

• 2 weeks later...