IGNORED

Panky the Panda - new WIP homebrew

Ben_Larson

I like this game so much that I'd love to see it on the c64,I've messaged the author about permission to recode the game..fingers crossed he's ok with it.Anyway I've only done alittle so far as I didn't want to start putting hours into this if it's not going to happen.

Edited by OmegaPrime

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

broken physics bad collisions with ladders ruining jumps . Stupid jumps from hell which should never be in Atari games and no weapon to kill enemies.

Respectfully disagree. This is actually a pretty solid game. I'll leave a nice review on the store page after I gain experience and explore a bit further.

I wish there were more "Metroid-vania" style games on the Atari. Closest thing we got bitd was Pitfall II which was ahead of it's time in a sense. Jumps are a bit tricky at times but there's nothing that can't be overcome with a gamepad or quality arcade stick. I think there was a missed opportunity for potentially storing progress through a Savekey or AtariVox, but the "continue" feature is a welcome addition even if I have to leave the power running to retain progress.

So far I've found the blue and orange keys and unlocked both corresponding doors. There also do seem to be a number of dead end rooms with nothing in them. Something to collect besides keys and basic powerups would have been nice to place in these spots. This game is basically Metroid like exploration without the weapons or ball mechanic.

There's also a map included with the CIB version which may help early exploration efforts. It is a nice touch.