IGNORED

The only LJN game that is good...

I know LJN has a reputation for making some of the lousiest games for the NES.

But in it's defense I'd like to say I do enjoy playing a particular LJN game on Nintendo....

Is T & C Surf Design like the only good game LJN ever made???? I dunno why but I loove that game.

post-22489-1244663273_thumb.jpg

post-22489-1244663425_thumb.jpg

Edited by lushgirl_80

But in it's defense I'd like to say I do enjoy playing a particular LJN game on Nintendo....

Is T & C Surf Design like the only good game LJN ever made???? I dunno why but I loove that game.

post-22489-1244663273_thumb.jpg

post-22489-1244663425_thumb.jpg

If anything I thought that game was one of the worst. I couldn't control the stupid surfing monkey.

I guess LJN bashing has become some sort of meme. I would put it ahead of Gametek, Hi Tech Expressions, and any unlicensed, non-Tengen publisher.

I like Karate Kid and Jaws.

LJN didn't actually develop anything. A big chunk of games, including T&C Surf Design, were done in Japan.

Today I picked up "Major League Baseball" for the NES, which is an LJN title, for 60 cents. Man is it horrible!

T&C Surf and Skate or whatever it's called was one of the games I had as a kid, and I got it purely because the shirts from that company were what all the cool kids were wearing out here in California. I pretty much agree with the common consensus that the skating is pretty neat but the surfing sorta sucks.

Chris

??? What about Codemasters (Camerica), some pretty good games from them. (probably the best unlicenced publisher next to Tengen)

Yeah, I didn't think of Codemasters and Camerica when I wrote that. I was thinking along the lines of Color Dreams and American Video Entertainment.

I think they have a few games that aren't too bad. Of course I'm jaded though since Wolverine for NES was my first video game ever (A game I'd probably only give a 5.5/10 today). But I think that Jaws is actually a pretty fun game other than the stupid end fight with Jaws which is just some of the worst programming I've ever seen. I also like The Punisher a lot and still play it fairly regularly (try playing it with the Game Genie code that makes Punisher move twice as fast).

I've never played T & C but I've always meant to give it a shot.

-Adam

Edit: Also, they made True Lies for SNES which is pretty well reviewed at gamefaqs (8.7/10) but I never played that one. There were definitely much worse developers around at the time (and still are, really).

Edited by KIWASABI