IGNORED

Dingoo A320

hurt

• 3 months later...

Digging this thread up from it's not so shallow grave...

Mine is on my way... huzzah!

Are there any good sites with a list of the most recent updated emus and others that are not installed out of the box like MAME and Stella?

Great news - a port of the Atari800 emulator has been released for both Dingux and the Dingoo native environment!

http://boards.dingoonity.org/dingoo-releases/atari800-v2-1-0-for-native-os/

I've tried it out on several 800/5200 games and although the sound is a bit off, graphics and controls are excellent.

Now, if someone could just release a 2600 emu for the native environment...

Edited by ls650

There's also a decent port of Handy to both native and Dingux, so you can play Atari Lynx as well.

Dingux has a port of Stella, but there is still no 2600 emulator available for native mode. Apparently a couple of guys at least are still working on that....

I have had my Dingoo for a few weeks and I really like it.

It is my new travel companion.

A lttle kid in an airport asked me what kind of game it was and he was amazed when I showed him what it could do.

The Lynx emulator works really well. It is neat playing my favorite Lynx games on a system that small with a screen that clear and not have to lug the massive Lynx around. Whenever I played the Lynx in public, people looked at me like I was an alien trying to contact the mothership or something.

It is also neat playing games like Mario and Donkey Kong and being able to save the game. Maybe now this old fart will finally finish a game!

GO DINGOO!

• 4 weeks later...

I installed Dingux and can't edit the dmenu to add Stella.

Does anyone have a copy of dmenu with Stella working that they can pm me or email me? I would love you forever and hug you and kiss you and call you George.

@Red 5 ... I installed a version of dingux that had stella pre-installed... this is what my stella install looks like.

post-11623-126913384864_thumb.jpg

This is what my stella.dge looks like.

#!/bin/sh
echo 0 > /sys/class/vtconsole/vtcon1/bind
cd /usr/local/emulators/stella
./stella

@Red 5 ... I installed a version of dingux that had stella pre-installed... this is what my stella install looks like.

post-11623-126913384864_thumb.jpg

This is what my stella.dge looks like.

#!/bin/sh
echo 0 > /sys/class/vtconsole/vtcon1/bind
cd /usr/local/emulators/stella
./stella

Can you tell me where you got your dingux with the stella pre install?

@Red 5 ... I made a post about it earlier in this thread. Out of date, so search for the latest. I noticed that the link for the image is broken. Use this temporary link. Even though this contains stella, you still have to create that .dge file, then manually add it as a shortcut into the shortcut menu. They didn't do that step in this image.

Got it and it's working great.

I must have grabbed an ancient version of local.zip. Of course now I have to move a zillion games around again, but it's worth it to have Stella running.

Thanks for all your help.

The 7800 emu that runs in the native OS is pretty sweet too.

• 1 month later...

I just got mine in the mail today, and it's great. However, I don't want to linuxize it. How good is the other emulators available, and what is available offhand for the native mode? I've seen the support sites, but wondering offhand.

I've owned the A320 from the first day they hit stores in Hong Kong, so I have a lot of experience with it. I highly recommend to all A320 owners to install Dingux, as the quality of the emulators are generally higher than those on the native OS. It's also much easier to overclock in the Dingux environment.

The only thing I use mine for are emulators, but there are great ports of other games available as well. Here are the systems I have emulators for.

- Arcade (Final Burn Alpha and MAME)

- Atari 2600

- Atari 7800

- Atari 8-bit

- C64

- Colecovision

- Genesis

- Gameboy / Gameboy Color

- Intellivision

- MSX

- NES

- Neo Geo Pocket

- PCE/TG16

- Sega Master System

- SNES

- ZX Spectrum

I can't tell you how much I love this device. I'm very disappointed that the newly announced A330 has the same CPU though.

I have not played with the 7800 emu on it in a while, but if I remember right I also used it to play the 2600 roms with out issue.

For anyone looking for a better SNES emulator. I would suggest installing Dingux on it. SNES plays great other than the odd game using a customer chip.

Yeah, the a330 isn't much of an improvement. Improve the CPU, and add wifi with SMB sharing/syncing... I'll gladly upgrade.

I would upgrade if they offically went Dingux out of the box on it.

Yeah, the a330 isn't much of an improvement. Improve the CPU, and add wifi with SMB sharing/syncing... I'll gladly upgrade.

I would upgrade if they offically went Dingux out of the box on it.

Installing the Dingux loader is such a trivial thing. Having the OS run off the SD card also saves you from potentially bricking the device with simple OS updates.