IGNORED

7800 Expansion Module

Curt Vendel

OKay, here is one of the boards. I just began populating it, don't mistake that its resting ontop of an open 7800 to mean that it is an internal board. No, its just that I'm always doing stuff on my 7800 that I don't even bother keeping the cover on this unit on anymore, so I just positioned the board to show basically where it will sit ONTOP of a completely closed case 7800 and piggyback onto the system... the eventual final Exp Module will be in its own plastic case.

Now, as for the 7800 cart connectors, the good news is the Atari 5200 36 pin cart connectors work fine, just snip off the unneeded pins off of it, the slightly bad news - they are not keyed like the 7800 cart connectors, but it doesn't matter as the carts will plug into them no matter way. So Best Electronics has tons of them so sourcing those is not a problem at all.

Okay, been a really long and overly stressful day for me today - lots of problems with plumbing in the house and the HVAC giving me nothing but issues, so time to call it a day and take it easy tomorrow, I think even with the blood pressure med's I'm running a little too high today, so I need to calm it down a bit. Good night.

post-23-127735057961_thumb.jpg

OKay, here is one of the boards. I just began populating it, don't mistake that its resting ontop of an open 7800 to mean that it is an internal board. No, its just that I'm always doing stuff on my 7800 that I don't even bother keeping the cover on this unit on anymore, so I just positioned the board to show basically where it will sit ONTOP of a completely closed case 7800 and piggyback onto the system... the eventual final Exp Module will be in its own plastic case.

Now, as for the 7800 cart connectors, the good news is the Atari 5200 36 pin cart connectors work fine, just snip off the unneeded pins off of it, the slightly bad news - they are not keyed like the 7800 cart connectors, but it doesn't matter as the carts will plug into them no matter way. So Best Electronics has tons of them so sourcing those is not a problem at all.

Okay, been a really long and overly stressful day for me today - lots of problems with plumbing in the house and the HVAC giving me nothing but issues, so time to call it a day and take it easy tomorrow, I think even with the blood pressure med's I'm running a little too high today, so I need to calm it down a bit. Good night.

Yeah Curt....I think you need to relax...you know there are several of us you can trust to carry on with the project

to relieve you of the burden. I being one of them. Just ask if you thin I can be of any assistance. I can do all the

shipping and soldering and things like that if you need me to. See PM.

A couple of people have emailed me asking about the power button on my 7800...

That is actually a switch out of a dead Atari ST mouse, I just chopped off the top of it so it would work in the 7800, nothing else different or special about it... you guys are a little crazy looking over every square inch of the 7800 I mess around with...

Curt