IGNORED

are you ever embarrassed...

xg4bx

furthermore whats wrong with being a drugged up teenage (or twenty something) metal head? Those guys are my friends! I've been laughed at by people at school a bit (my atari shirt got some laughs) but its not as bad as it used to be for instance I noticed there are some nintendo and rock band and many pc enthusiasts on my campus. But other than people my age Ive noticed with people above 40 its an issue especially with my folks and with anyone who shares living space with you-they hate the carts and cords and systems. oh and girls for the most part when I have a girl around I hide my gaming stuff I've had a few enjoy and like the wii. And one girl enjoyed watching me play rez while she used the 360 controller on vibrate hehe.

Strangely enough wow is the best game to get people talking I had a girlfriend for awhile who was a damn guild leader (I couldn't get into it even with her trying to get me into it)

because youre an adult and still play videogames? anybody ever give you any funny looks or snide remarks?

A lot of adults play Wii and Xbox etc so the weirdness is actually from playing the 2600, ColecoVision et al as most envision "using a rectangle to hit a block" (e.g. "Miniature Golf" on the 2600).

However, I can tell you that numerous folks my age get a big smile on their face when they come over and they get to play Donkey Kong on the ColecoVision because they hadn't played it in years.

Now, I'm doing retro gaming parties at my place and we have a pretty good turnout.

I'm 39, and don't feel embarassed by being a gamer. But occasionally I'll get treated in a patronizing manner when I go to a game store, like I'm some clueless dad buying games for his kids. The irony is I usually know far more about the subject matter than the person trying to lend me a clue.

It doesn't really help the situation that I'm usually buying Nintendo titles, though I consider their stuff less immature than "Super-Bloody 3rd person Murderer". :ponder:

That's when you act totally clueless just to see how dumb the other person is...then call them on all the inaccuracies...

I'm in IT and I do that stuff all the time...

interesting posts. not embarrased at all, but i draw the line at donkey kong t shirts.lol

and now mattyg needs to hang his head in shame once more.

at least its not a shirt with a woody 2600 that says "classically trained" ...................ooooops that's my other shirt :ponder:

or an Atari hoodie ..................oh wait I have one of those as well :)