IGNORED

Super Packer (GUI for Deflater and Exomizer)

tebe

as it says gui for exomizer and deflater... does it need these tools as additional files?

no need, all programs integrated with exe (resource)

Reminds me of the superpacker program for the A8 (by bewesoft), but i guess it's a totally different program

this is PC Bewesoft SuperPacker version :)

as it says gui for exomizer and deflater... does it need these tools as additional files?

no need, all programs integrated with exe (resource)

Reminds me of the superpacker program for the A8 (by bewesoft), but i guess it's a totally different program

this is PC Bewesoft SuperPacker version :)

I see, but witth deflater and exomiser extensions or compatibility ( i remember that exomiser doesn't work with all binary files, unless there has been new versions of that program since i last saw it)

Hmm,

I have waited for such a tool for some years now... alas, as of yet, I cannot get superpacker to work. My PC is an Intel machine with 2 Ghz and Win XP Home running on it. When I start the tool from Win XP everything seems to be fine, I load an Atari 8Bit DOS file and the program displays its segments. Then I choose a segment to pack with Exomizer or Deflater, but whenever I click onto "Pack Segment" a new window opens immediately and shows "Error file not found" (but the chosen segment shows a green arrow in front of it - still the segment is not packed)...

I tried this with various *.XEX files now (some 320k, 576k and 1088k TIP animations, some tools and games) but I always get this error. When I try to click onto "Pack Segment" once more, I get "I/O Error 32". Tried Superpacker also with some programs from the MadTeam site, e.g. Audiomaster, but packing shows the same error as before...

So, what am I doing wrong ?!? Does Superpacker not work from Win XP (do we have to use the commmand line instead or what) ?!? Or is the program limited to a certain range of Subdirs (I used C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Eigene Dateien\Atari\Downloads\Tipanm28\... thats 5 dirs/subdirs) ?!? When leaving the Superpacker I can see it has created a new subdir named "Temp" which contains some files like e.g. Exomizer.exe, Deflater.exe etc. - what files must be in this Temp directory ?!? Maybe there is missing a certain file there and thats why it displays the "Error file not found" message...?!?

Last not least, I tried a) packing a *.XEX file in the same directory as Superpacker but failed and b) also tried packing a *.XEX file in a different directory than Superpacker but also failed... any help appreciated here... So yes, DOCs are really needed - maybe someone will write a short manual for me. Greetings and thanks - Andreas Koch.

P.S.: Is Exomizer still limited to 64k files / programs ?!? Or do both the Exomizer and Deflater pack XRAM files now ?!?

• Like 1

(but the chosen segment shows a green arrow in front of it - still the segment is not packed)...

green arrow? you use old version, use new version 2.7 with checkboxes

Well,

thats strange, because I downloaded SuperPacker from the MadTeam site yesterday (sunday)... anyways, will take a look if there is a new version already. Greetings, Andreas Koch.

Well,

downloaded the new version. Still does not work, here are the errors I got:

- started sp.exe, loaded a DOS file, when I tried to pack a segment with Exomizer: Error - Exomizer.EXE not found; when I tried to pack a segment with Deflater: Error - Deflater.EXE not found...

- so I copied the sp.exe into the temp directory of the OLD superpacker version (the one with the green arrow, see above), since this temp dir contains both Exomizer.exe and deflater.exe (and some more files). still no luck: loaded a dos file, tried packing it, got this: error - c:\...\...\...\seg0000.obx not found; de-actived some boxes, still this error (file *.obx not found) shows up...

Oh well, looks like I cannot use this tool without a manual... I thought (and still think) Superpacker program contains both the deflater and exomizer or do I have to download and install them from another source first ?!?

-Andreas Koch.

Well,

thanks to TeBe, here is version 3.0 of SuperPacker. I have also included Deflater.Exe, Exomizer.Exe and Mads.Exe, so you have the complete archive here...

Last not least, I could solve my problems with SuperPacker: Looks like on my PC SuperPacker will only work from C:\ - whenever I try to put it into a subdir (e.g. C:\Programs\*.*), it does not work anymore...

greetings, Andreas Koch.

Super Packer v3.1 http://madteam.atari8.info/uzytki/sp.7z

Mads 1.8.6 http://mads.atari8.info/mads_1.8.6.7z (only this version or higher in future works with Exomizer from Super Packer v3.1)

p.s.

in attachment more compressed Bomb Jack (v1.5,320)_exomizer.zip

Last not least, I could solve my problems with SuperPacker: Looks like on my PC SuperPacker will only work from C:\ - whenever I try to put it into a subdir (e.g. C:\Programs\*.*), it does not work anymore...

path with "white spaces", v3.1 works fine with "white spaces"

post-4486-1245703668_thumb.png

Bomb_Jack__v1.5_320__exomizer.zip

Edited by tebe

• 10 years later...
  • 3 months later...

Thank you for the release!

I have a question. For some reason, I can't compress properly with Exomizer for versions 6.1 to 6.8, so I'm forced to stick with the version 6.0. Does anyone know why this could be happening? Do I have to remove something to make the v6.8 work properly?