IGNORED

New game port on the way - Gr......er

Heaven/TQA

I remember playing Gridrunner back when it was first released and it's been a very long time since I've seen it in action.. what was weak with the A8 version compared to the others?

I guess I should download it and take another look. I checked out the c64 version yesterday which seemed like how I remembered it.

I agree that the sound FX are right for the game, it'd be great to recreate them.

EDIT> OK I've taken a look now, it could be done better :)

Edited by Tezz

first playable version... press start and use joystick 0...

zappers and bombs etc not enabled yet, same with sound... still working on the hostick routine as I can not implement the fire routine proberly... (that's why it remains in autofire mode).

just saw it... fire routine works... I had autofire on in emulator... :D

gridrunner.zip

Edited by Heaven/TQA

aehm...check out the original VIC 20 version which is imho the best...and the sound fx are again great arcadish...

Some games on older systems seem better because they take advantage of their unique hardware or were never properly ported to newer machines. Did anyone port the Grand Prix from Atari 2600-- the graphics look pretty good and would probably look worse on Vic-20 or C64.

Hmm... it seems that there was something like "Gridrunner II":

http://www.atarimania.com/detail_soft.php?...;VERSION_ID=424

Haven't played it yet, so cannot say a word...

Edit: looks like centipede on steroids (or sth like that)> I don't think it's my fave kind of game. "A bit" weird. ;)

Edited by miker

have you ever seen a Jeff game not feeling being on steroids? ;)

thanks for the version mentioned.... but well... still not a fan of me... i prefer the original "vic-20" essence version... ;)

or I am the only one who likes this version best? (attachted the vic 20 original for winvice)

GRIDRUNN.zip

Jeff....Jeff... all over the code I found things like

lda

cmp #0

beq or bne

Very good one ! :) ....ok i must admit, I also never use the BPL or MBI opcodes :roll: - i may hope nobody ever looks after my code...

The game is looking better and better, you're doing a good (and difficult) job here Heaven !

Thelen

Reading the history of the working conditions and stress Jeff was under at that time, I guess it's not too surprising that the code isn't very ellegant.. although also Jeff mentions that his coding was a bit less organised back at that time too. It's great what he was able to achive.

BTW. The pic is getting closer to completion tonight.