IGNORED

Journey into POKEY

emkay

• 3 weeks later...

my girlfriend has been listening to 'the postal service' recently and there's a few songs on the album that sound like they belong on a highscore table.

- such great heights

- sleeping in

You should give one of those a go - I'm having a go, but can't quite get the feel right

A FX soundchip doing a known tune in a more rhythmic way ;)

Some tunes work better at 64khz clocking, some with 15khz based sounds...

Again 64kHz clocking with some 1.79Mhz additions...

It makes Pokey playing at a wider range of frequency. And if you find "Pokey yelling his balls of "(quote from Sack :) ) please tell me ;)

rhythm.zip

20 minutes edit ... known tune as well..

I name it 1000 reverbs :)

nice Apidya tune

good job ! ;)

I also made a conversion... :cool:

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="320" height="265"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="320" height="265"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

héhé nice ! :)

just one thing, the finetune of bass... I have the same problem sometimes !

there is no way to fix it ?

For bass tones mostly gen "C" or "E" is used. In the patched version of RMT is use, they are not accessible. Gen "2" is more stable but it sounds very hard. RMT seems to handle gen 2 a bit wrong, but it works with that tune ;)

IF you want good balanced sounds in low and high ranges, you have to stick to 3 channels. But this thread ia about 4 channels :)

Well, haven't much time lately, but hey...

Here's some nice piece of noise.

The song is played one semi-tone higher than sack's one (just to avoid badnotes in bass).

Made in RMT hacked "some other way", not compatible with mux's one (not finished yet).

Enjoy Plastic pop! :D

plasticp.zip

Well, haven't much time lately, but hey...

Here's some nice piece of noise.

The song is played one semi-tone higher than sack's one (just to avoid badnotes in bass).

Made in RMT hacked "some other way", not compatible with mux's one (not finished yet).

Enjoy Plastic pop! :D

Very nice - I see why you named it Plastic. The bends(slides) sound great. Is there any way to make these RMT files play at the correct speed on an NTSC machine? I assume they would have to be somehow converted as this is all driven off the VBI. Would it be possible to have a selectable playback speed?

Stephen Anderson

Interesting, but i rather stick with "conventional" Atari-basses.

I unterstand why. Gen 2 is simply too hard for common bass sounds...

On the other hand, gen C and E always sound a bit off and they have stability problems.

The most stable bass notes we get with 16 bit gen A....