IGNORED

Journey into POKEY

emkay

some changes and added and some morphing sounds at the end...

Emkay, try using normal POKEY instruments, okay? :)

Example: cb.mp3

OK, it's tuned properly, but these instruments are a reuse of 25 yrs ago :|

Maybe reuse but nice to listen and I think I didn't hear the "filtered" instrument (from 0:15 up) before (at least not in this form)? Maybe it's because of recording from real ATARI (I suppose the mp3 is recorded that way?) and not emulating so it's sounding different but probably because of I'm musically deaf so no wonder :)

Edited by MaPa

some changes and added and some morphing sounds at the end...

Emkay, try using normal POKEY instruments, okay? :)

Example: cb.mp3

Well, sometimes I'm not sure what A8 users want. If playing "my" experiments parallel to the MOD source, you clearly have the tune. The difference is mostly the timing, which is partly an issue of the 50hz programming ... and I partly don't like the resulting FX when using them...

But, your tune starts like Zybex and turns sometimes into the correct tune. Only the arpeggio you used, seem to fit better to the start of the tune than my approach, but it interferes with the "synth", resulting in a disharmonic.

You use double speed I guess?

You hardly can play your result synchronous to the "original", while my result plays "ok", just some FX still missing and the intruments were not common.

Your tune seems to be more fluent..

So where is the fault?

I wonder if it will be possible, somewhere in time, people stick together to optimize the POKEY music....

Maybe reuse but nice to listen and I think I didn't hear the "filtered" instrument (from 0:15 up) before (at least not in this form)?

A lot of tunes used this standard filter usage. Check the .sap archive.

Sure I heard a lot of filtered voices but this one sounds different to me but probably due to recording from real atari and not emulation or my deaf ears as i wrote earlier :)

Sure I heard a lot of filtered voices but this one sounds different to me but probably due to recording from real atari and not emulation or my deaf ears as i wrote earlier :)

The tune would have fit better in my "3 channel" topics. This is a 4 channel topic.

Ofcourse I recognized the "hardsynth" sweeps in the tune, but the 64khz usage will only get serious, if better basses were used.

An RMT with one digi channel would open worlds in sounds....

Same as above, but with some 16 bit corrections.

Also some 2tone effect has been added....

Sound like Pokey Pop now icon_wink.gif

Is this a .mod conversion again? Some melody lines must be transposed. Bass & melody are not in the same key.

Anyway, where's the 2tone effect?

I guess it's the old problem... Here a version with bass 2 halftones up.

Well, I'm still pretty sure the spread of notes is not correct there . Now the deeper notes fit better, but the high notes get wrong and volume adjustment doesn't help there...

The 2tone FX I name the resulting sound when you put a 1.79MHz clocked gen2 put into a gen a envelope ...

2up.zip

• 2 weeks later...

What do you guys think about this one ?

Still 4 channels..

Well, the same as post 85.

Especially the end part has interesting instrumentations, and they seem some bit finetuned now. Anyway, what do you want to show with the earlier parts of the tune? I wonder why the bass isn't correctly handled, or did you use RMT's so called 16bit-bass again?